Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto/Manual Inflate life best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Auto/Manual Inflate life best

My wife and I normally fish together, but I tend to want to fish more but with losing a few friends the past two years(fishing and duck hunting) I now always wear a life vest the entire time out fishing. I've been thinking of getting an auto/manual inflating vest. Does any one else use one and if so what do you recommend?

Thanks for all your assistance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have one made by mustang and wear it always. Wife says it is worth the price if you have it on.
    Likes kcglock, CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This is what my wife and I use.we wear them when in the boat.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MJH3YUU..._akxJxbSZPTEHF

<*{{{{{~<
    Likes kcglock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cabela's carries a good variety. I caught some on sale last year for $69. I bought 2. The 3500 series. Keep an eye on their closeouts, always have something worth the money on closeout.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have an ONYX that works good for me, wear it all day even when its hot and half the time I forget I got it on.
    Likes kcglock, "D", CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Mywife and I wear the Mustangs.
    i did have mine inflate when it was in the full sun.
    replaced the cylinder,etc.
    it was four years old.
    once your used to the weight you forget you have it on.
    Likes kcglock LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the manual inflators and have, thankfully, never had to use it. I talked to a water patrol officer about them, and he said it is fine to have the manual, as long as you aren't knocked out when you go into the water. I was sort of afraid to buy the automatic inflators because I had heard they could inflate in a rainstorm from getting too wet. I still don't know if that is true.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 of the onyx auto inflate and use them all the time. I would highly recommend the Auto type.
    I have had a couple of them for about 6 years. I have had 2 inflate unexpectedly the third year, but I found that the cause was the "bobbins" were past the EXPIRATION DATE. . The material inside that activates the cartridge had deteriorated over time.

I have not had any accidental inflate's since I started changing out the "bobbins"

The bobbin's have an expiration date printed on them. They should be checked every season and replaced if close to the expiration date. The bobbins can be replaced without changing the CO-2 cartridge if the vest was not activated.

Bobbin link https://www.amazon.com/Bobbin-Replac.../dp/B002O76J66

I always check the expiration date on the new ones I buy. They should be good for at least 3 yrs .

Post Thanks / Like

Like moskeeter, I bought a Cabelas 3500 series on sale (though I think it was a lot more than $69!). Only had it a few years. Never deployed, accidentally or because I needed it to, so can't vouch for anything but comfort and cost.

Thanks, Dave for the bobbins link. $20 for 3 of those is cheaper than a rearming kit!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Cabelas 3500 and also a Suspenders branded that BPS use to sell. Been using them for 6-7 years now and love them. I would only recommend the auto/manual type. My thinking is that if you fall and hit your head on the boat or on standing timber you may not be able to pull the manual pull cable. I actually have my manual pull tucked up inside so I don't accidentally pull it from hanging up on something. Most have a hard plastic loop on the right side for attaching the kill switch lanyard.
    Likes dfar, Clownfish, kcglock, "D", CrappieHead LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast