Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: o.K.' so I am getting old!

Post Thanks / Like

Default o.K.' so I am getting old!

Up until the last week or so the water has been messed up with rains and etc.Went last Tuesday, water still messed up .... mud came up when using the trolling motor. Now it is HOT . Temperature is 95 degrees with heat index of 107. Sorry, but this is not fun.I didn't retire to have this kind of fun. My motto has always been "if it's not fun , I don't want to do it". I guess I will have to fish the early mornings and wait for fall.......everyone stay cool, hope you catch a bunch.....crappie1133 taking a nap in the air conditioning.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Know this Crappie1133, you are not alone.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes skeetbum, Cane Pole LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    Know this Crappie1133, you are not alone.
    "gene"
    No Sir, you are not !! My last, and likely my next, fishing trip was a night trip (9PM-2AM) for Bass ... for my non-discriminating fish eater partner

I'll just have to make up for lost time, once the temps get below 80deg and the humidity gets below 50%
    Likes "D", Cane Pole, rcornish LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to be where I want to fish before the sun, and have a good enough morning that I can leave when the heat and the crazy people make their appearance. Been that way for years. I get to do what I want and still have part of the day left for other things. Doing this also lets ma see more wildlife both on the way there and when I get there.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes ad1974, Cane Pole, Redge, Cardsfan55 LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I like to be where I want to fish before the sun, and have a good enough morning that I can leave when the heat and the crazy people make their appearance. Been that way for years. I get to do what I want and still have part of the day left for other things. Doing this also lets ma see more wildlife both on the way there and when I get there.
    I use to do this, but , after totaling 2 deers, I now sleep in. Lots of deer my way.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes "D", Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

crappie1133,

o.K.' so I am getting old!

As long as long as you keep getting old is the Important Part!

Some of us are ALREADY OLD!
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!
    Likes Cane Pole, "D", wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you all the way, right down to the nap in the A/C. I used to do all kind of crazy stuff when I was young, heat, cold, rain, snow, wind. No more, not too warm, not too cold, no rain and I hate the wind. My wife thinks I'm nuts!! Pretty well done here until fall! Would like to try a couple night trips but can't find anyone to go and can't really go alone. Also some of the reports about problems at remote boat ramps at night have me a little worried. Tough to get old!!!
    Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am with skeet..start at 4-5am,,quit by 9-10am, or when the water fleas appear

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I'm not the only one
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.
    Likes "D", jaxsprat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Man I dont know how I used to do what I did. We would camp out in tents on the bank of the Mississippi running lines all night but in the heart of Summer. Now if its over 90 I aint hardly getting out of the house. Heck I'm thinking about rounduping my yard so I dont have to cut it anymore this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast