Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got to try this, the Mr. Crappie Speedshooter

Post Thanks / Like

Default I got to try this, the Mr. Crappie Speedshooter

I have to try one of these. Especially when you shoot docks you get that line slap, so if this thing works, that's gonna be awesome.

Wally is such a natural in front of a camera, wish I could do that. Great to see you at ICAST Walt.
    Last edited by Slab; 07-18-2016 at 12:16 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes Liberty hound LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep....looks good....might have to try one too
    Last edited by "G"; 07-18-2016 at 03:11 PM.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I LIKE IT IF IT IS NEARLY THAT GOOD,WONDER WHERE YOU BUY IT AND HOW MUCH
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    I LIKE IT IF IT IS NEARLY THAT GOOD,WONDER WHERE YOU BUY IT AND HOW MUCH
    X2!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the 7' model ... seeing as how the split grip handle looks to be nearly 2' long, by itself, that leaves you 5' of rod blank.

These "new" products are 2017 models, so one would expect them to become available later this year .... like maybe after Sept. (in time for the Christmas lists )

I also expect them to be in the $79.95 - $99.95 price range ... considering the current retail prices of similar rods of other brands.

Personally speaking, I'm not a real big fan of split grip handles on Crappie rods. Their main purpose is for "leverage" (during hookset & fighting the fish) and that's rarely necessary on a fish in the 1-3lb category. IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Available mid-August to September according to Springfield. But I bet some well-connected Crappitians will have their greasy palms on one before then.

"Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket ?"

Post Thanks / Like

Make me a tester And I will let everyone if they work good or not
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Well....Since they just had ICAST where all new fishing products are introduced....they may be out now or very soon. Like Wally said in the video made by him and Lews. Wally Marshall and Lews are major sponsors of Crappie .com Go to the Lews website and inquire about this new rod....take a look around too while your there. Lew's Fishing
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Sandwich Maker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

These are the guides he's talking about, they've been available to rod builders for a few years and now manufacturers are putting them on production rods.
    Shopping

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if they (Lew's) have started using micro-guides after the "gathering guide", like ESP rods have done since they were initially designed ??

I can see where that "bullseye" (Microwave) guide would funnel the outgoing line. But, my ESP rods have a large gathering guide, and I don't experience any noticeable "line slap". When I do, it's usually because the line is twisted and needs to be untwisted & stretched (to remove twists & coils and relax/straighten out the line).

I do like the fact that a "super fast" taper is being extolled as a plus for greater shooting speed/distance. I learned that after the first couple of years of dock shooting, and was one of the main reasons I switched over to ESP rods (after field testing them against my slower action rods of the same lengths).

And to be fair ... I wasn't really thrilled with the ESP rods having split-grip/poodle tail handles, either !! But, since I was just a field tester, and not part of the designing team, I had no say in that matter ... so I tested them "as is" and gave my unbiased opinion of their performance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast