Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie thursday night

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie thursday night

me, jerry and wendy went tonight. fished from dark to 11:45 and wound up with 51 crappie, eleven of which was slabs and the rest average to small. four bass from two to four lbs and a half dozen catfish,, one about four or five lbs. they bit fairly regualrly most of the night, with most of the action coming from wendys seat tonight. jerry did fair and me,, well i was fishing in the dead sea again. the wind was rough. if there was any chickens roosting around the lake they got their feathers blowed off for sure. it was rough out there but the anchors held so we had a fairly good night. i wont be going out anymore till after the holiday weekend. aint no way im gonna be a part of the stampede to the lake this holiday weekend. the supercharged bass boats was hot tonight. running from one end of the lake to the other like banshees. dont know what they was looking for, fast as they was running to the left, then to the right, ,then to the left and then to the right again. as fast as they run in the dark, they must have good insurance.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Rango. I was frettin about my decision to forgo your kind invitation to crawl up into the beast and fish with ya last nite but it worked out OK. I set up at sundown and fished 4 hrs. Caught 28 crappies and 3 catfish. The bite was pretty steady and they were still bitin as I reeled in my lines to go home. Ran out of both minnows and leaders. Brought home 8 slabs, 4 fatties 10-12 inches and 3 mercy killings. I really worked my butt off. Opened a .....soda....at 10 and didn't get it downed til 11 what with all the action. The last catfish weighed 9 lbs and I believe he was sent by the crappie to tangle up all my lines and take the pressure off them for awhile, which is what happened. I was in 30 ft of water off a high bank. I didn't totally escape the wind and my bow anchor got alittle sloppy but the fish just kept coming. I plan to avoid the lake this weekend but will probably go Mon nite as it will be my only chance next week. Hope this bite keeps up. BTW when I saw how windy it was I figured maybe you'd be showin up at my spot so I packed the last package of smokies, half of which I consumed. You know how good those things go with....soda,,,
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

your spot was hotter than mine gary. three of us fishing caught a total about 60 fish with a lot of slack time inbetween, especially on the ends of the beast where me and jerry was. the wind never died which irked me to no end, since i had a chance to get out of it and dint. I beleive if jerry had it to do over, hed have come around as he was on the bow, facing into the wind . as i sit here, im a drollling thinking about the smokies i missed out on. i made some bad decisions last night for sure.. that comes with gettin old i guess. last night at the landing some oriental guy who was bank fishing come over and was looking at the fish while we was taking photos. jerry pulled out about 20 of the crappie for himself, which was all he wanted. i asked him if he dint want the four bass and he said no, so the oriental guy said hed like to have em, so i give him the rest of the fish jerry dint want, and he filled two five gall buckets full and was happy as a june bug in a fresh cow pattie. nobody ever wants the bass, but i insist on keepin them if they legal, to eliminate the critters from the lake. leaves more forage for the crappie to thrive on. the guy give me a couple of those good cold sodas we are so fond of that goes so well with those smokies i dint get to dive into last night
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call 60 fish in 3 hrs exactly a bad nite! I thought it was windy where I was 'til I pulled out of that cove and into the main lake. It was as windy at midnite as it was at 7. I knew you'd be bouncin around up there and I admit I grinned alittle when I thought about it. How 'bout Mon nite for a few hours of crappie catchin and soda guzzlin?
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com