Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got a few last night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a few last night

Been reading Crestliner's reports and I couldn't take it any more so I loaded up after work yesterday and headed over to my easy access water to get a couple hours of relaxation in and try to hook some fish. 1st trip to this pond in 2 years (I think) and my fishing second trip of this year (1st was on the 4th to my home water). Wind was brisk when I arrived at 5:15 but I expected it to lay down before too long and provide easy fishing........WRONG! Didn't die down until nearly 8! But, the slip bobber saved the trip and put fish in the boat. I anchored at a couple of spots and tried fishing as usual but the wind was just not helping with lure control. I then trolled around a bit and hooked my first crappie so anchored up again (thank goodness for 2 anchors, fore and aft) and re-rigged one pole with a 1/16 oz. head and a minnow tube. Set it about 4 feet deep and worked along the weed line and put 13 in the boat over the next hour and a half, all nice crappie around 12" or so. One pickerel and one small sunnie, both of which were released, rounded out the catch.

Oddly, once the wind died down, so did the bite, Tried numerous other lures and presentations beside the slip bobber and no takers of any species.

This is a pretty small pond and one of the residents decided to get in some water skiing once the sun and wind died down so when he fired up, I headed home. All in all, a very nice end to a hot day here in CT. and a fish fry in the near future to energize me in to going back for more in the not too distant future.

Sorry for lack of pictures; in my eagerness to get going I left the charged camera right here on computer table when I left yesterday. I'm putting it in the tackle box right now! Wish I'd had it, too as there were some big clouds building as I left and the tops were being highlighted by the setting sun and they were just a picture waiting to be snapped........sigh...................

Ken
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report.....yeh take that camera next time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Great seeing someone else posting in this neck of the woods! Good job too. BTW, don't fight the wind! GO with it instead. Drifting from one side of the lake to the other will present your offering to a lot of suspended crappie, trust me! It may appear that you are going too fast, but you're not. And the crappie love a fast presentation with a heavy wind. They have to. Or they'd go hungry, especially up here in New England. I don't like crappie fishing if the wind is less than 10 mph.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post even without pics. You described it well.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both