Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitro Z7. Anybody Spider Rigging out of one?

Quailtail is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitro Z7. Anybody Spider Rigging out of one?

I am still screwing around in trying to buy a boat. Ran across a 2014 Nitro Z7 in as new condition with a175 optimal. Is anyone spider rigging out of one of these?

Post Thanks / Like

There is no one using a Nitro Z7 for spider rigging? There must be a reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Im sure there is someone spider rigging out of one. You can set up just about any boat on the water to spider rig out of.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the Collins team is. Look up Don and Terry collins on facebook. I am sure they could answer any questions you have. Or shoot a pm to fishin813 and ask him to put you in touch with them.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there's just not that many Crappie anglers willing to spend $25,000-$30,000 on their rigs
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Boat prices will give you sticker shock. Aluminum boats set up for crappie fishing are fetching 23-30000.00. That's why I am looking at used glass boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea 25-30K is a drop in the bucket if ya go to a few of the weigh ins. Only brands I have not seen here is Phoenix and Allison. Every other brand and style I have seen here including a few 24' high $$ bay boats.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not buying a new boat because of price but I do look and a nitro would be right at the top of the list very wide in the front ,that's all I know and all I looked at I'm not into name or hype just what works and I wouldn't cull a nitro .

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Any bass boat is good for tight lining and also pulling. I fish out of a champion walleye boat and love it. It is heavy and sits low in the water so the wind does not affect it. I can pull in 15 mph winds with the wind and not have to use a drift sock. It has plenty of storage and room up front for 2 to sit side by side. Buy the nitro you will not regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

I know a couple that fishes out of a Nitro. I believe it is a Z7 but I'm not positive.
    The biggest drawback that I see with his is the way the front deck storage is layed out. The center rod locker is behind the bow seat base but the side locker lids extend beyond it. They both fish off the front of the boat and when they use a side by side seat mount it blocks access to both the storage lockers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast