Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try some new plastic.going to order from grizzly.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try some new plastic.going to order from grizzly.

Was going to try muddy water baits and some crappie magnets.do you guy like them or should I save my money.i have Wally's jokers .and Bobby garlands stroller & baby shad like them.dant like slab slayers they keep getting hooked on the hook at the end.might get some tubes what brand do you guys like best. Thank you for you time and input.

Post Thanks / Like

Muddy Waters will catch fish..I have 18 colors, real good big fish bait.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda partial to these : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/-memb...-crappie-jigs/ (especially the Shad body & Hot Rod body)

As for tubes ... I like solid body tubes over hollow tubes, and Crappie Pro is the brand I have the most of, but I don't believe they're available any longer. I prefer the straight body tubes over the "puffed out" tails type like the Crappie Thunder.

Never did any good with Slab Slayers or Crappie Magnets vs whatever other plastics I was using, so I never bought more of them. Jury is still out on the Joker.

I mostly cast or "push" jigs, and the shad body & solid body tubes have outperformed most all others. I also have used the Shad Pole with some success.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Joker and found it to work better for larger fish in winter than anything else. Haven't used any crappie magnet stuff so I can't comment there. I also used the Slayers with good success , silverfish color did extra good. My go to's are the Baby Shad in lots of colors. Blue Thunder and Patriot are winners.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly jig good folks to deal with.they have a good selection.Have used crappie magnets "Jeff is a good friend"and great fishermen.Crappie magnet's are hard to beat under a float."were they are designed for"We like the Arkie tubes and plastic's.We use a lot of tubes have just about every crappie tube out their and even our own. Arkie has been in the plastic business "tubes"as long or longer than any one.They have the right formula for their tube bait's "not to hard not to soft" and add salt into their plastic.Which when wet feels and tastes"fish hold on longer" like a reel injured bait or minnow. Not my sponsor not a Pro their colors "arkie" catch fish.Hope this helps
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.
    Likes Pico LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Arkie which is a major sponsor of C.C has some good tubes...hollow and solid ones........Click on thier logo at the bottom of the page
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie magnet slab magnets are what i use verticle jigging. Harold Maddux (nicknamed the dude)can prove that the only way to fish them is not under a float.Hes a fellow Tennessean and one of the best verticle jiggers you will find and has helped with the crappie magnet development team

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 2 packages of the Muddy Water baits, and really like them. You can smell the garlic when you open the package. Crappie Magnets are my go to when I am tipping with a minnow. That being said, the link Crappiepappy provided looks just like the Muddy Water. The Muddy Water has a stiffer tail which will not wrap back and hang on the hook like the Slab Slayer type baits. I also agree that Arkie has great tubes and shad bodies. Are you thouroughly confused yet?

Post Thanks / Like

You've got the right idea in ordering from Grizzly. Great company. Have you tried the CB Sliders yet? There's a bait that will flat out catch 'em.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

I use them all. and each one has its best time according to technique. I'm mainly a troller and you can't beat a good old Southern Pro 2" Hot Grub or a Charlie Brewer Slider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast