Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lone Star lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lone Star lake

Wanted to check out this lake last Friday. Got to entrance only to find another boat & trailer stopped in front of a sign stating "LAKE CLOSED" 7/8/2016. Bewildered as to why,, a county truck came by to inform us that they were treating the lake for 'algae', and it would be open later that day. Question? What are they doing? Are they treating it with a chemical? If so, what? <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER
    Likes Redge, shortdraw, Blackdog40 LIKED above post

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chatt,

Historically there has been some vegetation control efforts being conducted at Lonestar, but I don't all the details.

I'm checking with the bios in that area for more information. I'll let you know what I find.
    Likes Blackdog40 LIKED above post

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chatt,

The county is treating the lake for Eurasian watermilfoil with Sonar. The initial treatment occurred several weeks ago, but a "bump" treatment was necessary to maintain the required concentration for plant control.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Craig! Will be fishing there soon.<*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

They need to try that on Lebo city lake. It was a Great Lake before the Milfoil showed up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zummy View Post
    They need to try that on Lebo city lake. It was a Great Lake before the Milfoil showed up.
    It was a lot better before the last redo by fish and game.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't want them treating it. Lone Star always starts out the season great, and then they treat the weeds and it does a hard nose dive. It has it's moments through the year, but it's always great up until they treat it.