PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Favorite Jig Color and Size?

Bassky
01-14-2005, 07:37 AM
What is your favorite color for clear water?
What is your favorite color for dingy water?
My favorite for clear water is white/chartreuse,
dingy water is black/chartreuse both is 1/16 oz jighead.
Dave from Kentucky ;)

unknown 5
01-14-2005, 09:10 AM
It looks like you have winning color combinations to me.

slabtroller
01-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Those color grubs on these heads should be killer (http://jumpingchollajigs.com/). Also try a Kalin's Popscicle as a go to grub when nothing else is working.

Try numbers 1, 2, and 3 mostly. They come in 1/16 through 1/4 oz and #1 and #2 are a chrome color that also floureces in the water. Number 3 is a chrome with some kind of very shiny glitter on it.

Jason Piper
01-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Dave, I agree as well those both are excellent choices! In clear water I will sometimes use Pumpkin seed/ chartreuse though.

Bassman
01-14-2005, 09:57 AM
For clear water all white.For dinjy water red and yellow ,or yellow and white.

Moose1am
01-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Salt is the extra secrete ingredient that helps make the crappie hold onto the bait just a bit longer.

Also adding some glitter to the soft plastic baits helps the crappie see the baits in stained water. The sunlight reflecting of the small giltter helps attrack the crappie to the bait even in dirty water.

I use white in stained water for crappie. Black and Chartrues tails also works well in stained water. Both will catch crappie when fished properly.

If your jig bodies don't come with salt on them just put some of your jigs in a small plastic baggie and add some table salt to them.

What is your favorite color for clear water?
What is your favorite color for dingy water?
My favorite for clear water is white/chartreuse,
dingy water is black/chartreuse both is 1/16 oz jighead.
Dave from Kentucky ;)

crappieseeker
01-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Smoke is another excellent color when fishing clear water.

CrappiePappy
01-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I fish a BPS Sparkle Squirt tube (1.5inches) ... Royal Blue body with silver metalflake - Chartreuse tails .... for clear to murky waters. I believe this color combination will work in either case because it has --- blue with Chartreuse contrast for dark waters ... silver flake for sparkle in clear water ... Chartreuse for either case ... and a contrasting body & tails for "between" conditions.
I fish this on a weedless jighead, about 90% of the time. I use P&S Tackle jigheads in 1/32 & 1/16oz (brush guard style) or Oldham's 1/16 oz "Sure-lock" Weedless jigheads. Neither jighead is painted....so the "bait" is actually - silver head ... blue body (w/silver metal flakes) ... charteuse tails.
I've tried a lot of color combos and still gravitate back to this one ... and seem to always have as good or better results, than with most of the others I've tried. ..........cp :cool:

adamr
01-14-2005, 05:02 PM
southern pro 1.5 inch silver sparkle & chart. has turned into my true favorite along with red/chart.

Kokanee King
01-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Dave both of thoes colors are my fav.for both dingy and clear i use both, but out of the two i would have to say that i use the black/Chatruse the most. I perfer 1/32 ounce insert jig head and a 1 inch tube.

fishingpox
01-14-2005, 09:05 PM
squirts 1.5" black/chart, red/chart

fish21759
01-15-2005, 12:07 AM
2 inch Orange/Chartruse - Pink/Chartruse or Yellow - Chartruse on 1/16th ounce Chartruse ball jigs just about year round . I might try Red/Clear Sparkle on 1/16th ounce Chartruse ball jigs during the summer . ;)

Darryl Morris
01-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Clear water - anything with white or silver in it
Stained water - purple/char
Muddy water - orange/char

whizkids
01-16-2005, 03:36 PM
From the reply's it doesn't seem like the color matters as long as it has a chart tail. So I did an unoffical market survey.

Bass Pro shops Squirts:

Sparkle Squirts: 17 colors in 1-1/2 in., 7 include chartreuse 41 percent
6 colors in 2 in. 2 in include chartreuse 33.33 percent

Squirmin' Squirts-1-1/2"-20 Pk 39 colors 16 include chartreuse 41 percent
50 pk 16 colors 8 include chartreuse 50 percent

Tournament Series® Squirmin' Squirts - 2" 18 colors 7 include chartruse 39 percent

Tournament Series® Snagless Super Squirts 1-1/2 - 13 colors 5 include chartruse 38 percent

Tournament Series® Tri-Color Squirts 4 colors - 3 include chartruse 75 percent and while the description doesn't say it the pictures show one as Flourescent chartruse

NEW! Blood Series Squirts 10 colors 2 have chartreuse 20 percent

It is for certain that chartreuse is an important color. It is apparently not as important if red is included as a " blood" color, but if there is a tube with 3 colors at least one should be chartreuse.

Southern Pro offers 80 colors of tubes 24 include some chart. 30 percent.

Cabela's carries some Southern Pro. I assume they would carry the popular ones. They carry 64 colors of the original hustler 19 have chart in the description 30 percent.

If the description said chart, I included it. I did not include pearltruse.

I believe I will buy 100 clear sparkle, some chart dye for the tail or body and blue, red and black dye for the head or maybe the body and save some tackle box space. :-)