Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Missouri Representing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Missouri Representing

According to Bassmaster.com Table Rock Lake is 24th and Lake of the Ozarks is the 12th best bass fishing lake in the central United States. LOZ even beating out heavy hitter Lake Fork, Texas. I really hope LOZ gets an Elite Series someday, there would be some pretty heavy sacks at the scales. The last FLW/BFL one day tournament at LOZ took 24 lbs 15 ozs to win. The top 5 had over 20 lbs and top 26 anglers had over 15 lbs. That is straight up crushing them...not many lakes in the country can put up those kind of weights!
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2
    Likes CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Lake St Louis has a fun bass tournament after work on Thursday night from 5:30 to dark and top weight was 20.12 lbs for first place. That is good for only 3 1/2 hours of fishing

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard the Major Leauge Fishing series was at LOZ a few weeks back. Pretty neat format for tournaments and will be cool seeing what area they allowed them to fish.
    Likes CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    Lake St Louis has a fun bass tournament after work on Thursday night from 5:30 to dark and top weight was 20.12 lbs for first place. That is good for only 3 1/2 hours of fishing
    A lake in north west MO had a 26 pound tournament limit weighed in in late June this spring. Second place was over 23 pounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    A lake in north west MO had a 26 pound tournament limit weighed in in late June this spring. Second place was over 23 pounds.
    I'm guessing that was Monzingo which was ranked in the top 100 U.S. lakes a couples years ago

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Baby View Post
    I'm guessing that was Monzingo which was ranked in the top 100 U.S. lakes a couples years ago
    Nope! And I'm not saying anything more! I might hit in tomorrow during the off-day. Mozingo has been decent that last year or two, but not as good as 3-4 years ago.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Year before last a 42 lb stringer won a tourney on Toledo Bend. 31 lbs was second place. That year 86 10 lb plus bass were turned in to the Share Lunker program. Each person got a replica and the fish were released. This year ending in May, 139 10 lb plus bass made the Share Lunker list. Not saying LOZ is not awesome, because it is. And would be a great tourney sight. Just sayin why Toledo Bend was named top lake on the BASS top 100 2 years in a row. By the way, if you did not catch the Elite results on Toledo Bend this year some yankee named Kevin won.I may be off by a couple on the 10 lbders .
    I did not go back and look it up. But in that 42 lb stringer 1 was 14 lbs and 1 was 10 lbs. I saw the pics on the wall at Toledo Town store.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "D" View Post
    Year before last a 42 lb stringer won a tourney on Toledo Bend. 31 lbs was second place. That year 86 10 lb plus bass were turned in to the Share Lunker program. Each person got a replica and the fish were released. This year ending in May, 139 10 lb plus bass made the Share Lunker list. Not saying LOZ is not awesome, because it is. And would be a great tourney sight. Just sayin why Toledo Bend was named top lake on the BASS top 100 2 years in a row. By the way, if you did not catch the Elite results on Toledo Bend this year some yankee named Kevin won.I may be off by a couple on the 10 lbders .
    I did not go back and look it up. But in that 42 lb stringer 1 was 14 lbs and 1 was 10 lbs. I saw the pics on the wall at Toledo Town store.
    Id love to visit Toledo Bend someday my grandparents went every April..there and Falcon Lake are on my bucket list. Watch out for Lake Naconiche. The lake record was tagged in 2009 as a 3 pounder and caught in 2013 at 12.54 pounds accroding to wideopenspaces.com.
    Likes "D" LIKED above post