Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Juliette Crappie night fishing in July

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Juliette Crappie night fishing in July

Where are the crappie at when water temp is 86 to 90 degree. I have tried 45 ft deep water in upper timber. I have tried 25 ft water in timber off holly grove. Last night I found structure in 58 ft water in upper end and still....... Barely a bite. Spring, fall and winter I just tie off to a tree and they come. What happens to the fish in summer?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site! My first advice is to post this in your state forum so that you get some local advice. Secondly, make sure you understand that your lake may be stratified and a thermocline has set up. Fish at or above the thermocline. This may be very shallow, even tho the water temps are high. Little oxygen below thermocline keeps many fish in shallow water at this time of year, even at night. Someone who is better than I will help you, I'm sure!

Post Thanks / Like

I was marking them suspended at 15' in the middle of channels a couple weeks ago. I don't fish crappie in the summer, I was looking for something else. I will be trying them at night this fall, though!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to you both from Central Florida. I always tried to find where the thermocline met the bottom and usually found SOME fish near that. If you you can find a piece of structure there too it's just that much better. Good luck and keep us posted......Skeet.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around