Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: They were SCHOOLING ......!

Post Thanks / Like

Default They were SCHOOLING ......!

me and my bud like we never been to Ketchn school ........ the wind howled yesterday all day long 20 mph plus most of the day and silly me picked it because that was my open window for a boat ride . Let me tell yawl it wasnt looking good at all , i thought we could hit some sheltered areas and do well ,but mother nature was determined to beat us down .I got there ahead of my bud a bit and tried to ketch a few and was getting a whooping from the wind right off . I went to the other end of the bridge where the water was less violent and was still getting ZERO bites
    My first fish was a sand bass and all i was doing was trying to move the boat , pure accident for sure . Second bite was a thump and i got my 4 lb test broke . Third bite was yet another thump and up came a spotted bass . So when he got there he texted me , sure looks mighty ruffffff out there , i said yep and you best put on 2 pfd devices because its WILD ride out here today !
    When i got to the dock to pick him up i said you best jump in when i get close because i cant hold her still in this . He jumped and we hit it , told him we best head to the other side of the lake and i aint managed not EVEN one crappie yet in 30 minutes !
    He said tell me you are kidding and i said no sir and i cant seem to figure out why . Well we went back where there were some fish and managed a few crappie ,but it was mighty slow and i just couldnt hold the boat still very long at any spot under that bridge !
    told him we best head to my cove and try the piles , at least we wont get a beating in there and i am sure we can ketch a few back in there .
    Well let me say this , i dont think these here boys ever missed so many bites ! you could get bit but you couldnt seem to hook up , and to make matters worse we was losing jigs about as fast as we were ketchn crappie .
    we got SCHOOLED bigtime and tried a few locations in another cove or 2 , managed to ketch 2 sand bass , 2 yellow bass ,one spotted bass , one i dont know bass and a few catfish .....probably around 40 or maybe a few more (mostly small) crappie and worked REAL hard to manage those numbers ....and i lost about every large fish i hooked due to my 4 lb test syndrome ...man did i leave some jigs in some lips yesterday ....so you see they were actually SCHOOLING .....US ....
    hope you enjoy the read and the photos ....
    and have a great day
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes S10CHEVY, Blackhawk19, skiptomylu LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, I fully understand the getting schooled part! Thanks for posting.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah wind can be a real butt kicker,sounds like you made the best of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ad1974 View Post
    Yeah wind can be a real butt kicker,sounds like you made the best of it.
    One of my local buds said at the air force base beside the cove I hit that day , the wind gusts were 32mph ....I swear they felt like 50 mph though .....lol
    Actually split my teak sitting plank down the middle on the ride across there .....) :
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Lol....your braver then me,wind like that and I'm staying at home!

Post Thanks / Like

You made a good day out of a bad day! Nice report.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team