Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to Denham Springs area, and need suggestions for fishing spots

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to Denham Springs area, and need suggestions for fishing spots

Moved to Denham Springs a week ago, and having a tough time finding a public access bank fishing spot for my daughter and I.
    Every set of directions I have gotten so far has landed us either in posted private property, or somewhere, where there is no fishing.

I promised my daughter I would teach her fishing when we moved here, but so far the only place we successfully got a lure wet was Freds in Port Vincent. There, competing with the boats for space and fish, we at best tricky.

Any true suggestions with followable directions greatly appreciated. I am about 1 months from buying a boat, so for now, limited to the banks or docks, or piers.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to post this on your state forum and I'm sure the folks there will help you.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/louisiana/

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Head west on I-10 and get off at Ramah exit. Go to levee and fish either side. One side is spillway the other side barrow pits. Try both sides in several places. Some days the spillway was better some days the barrow pits were better. We always went south for no particular reason. But post up on Louisiana board and lots of folks will help ya out.