Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bottomline

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bottomline

Anyone use Bottomline sonar? Do you like it?
    "Dude, where's my float?"

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried one. A 320MAX. I thought it was a great deal. BUT....IT is a piece of crap. I gave it away. I have always used Eagle/Lowrance and tried to save a little money. Wasted. I put it on the trolling motor. It lost bottom, drew random diagonal lines from bottom to top (with out the trolling motor or transom unit turned on) and picked up trolling motor interferance.

If you are on a budget, get the Eagle 320 or 480.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I had one once. didn't like it.

Post Thanks / Like

bottomline has gone to the bottom of the pack.i bought one new back in the 90's and it was great i upgraded in the late 90's and still use it but the newer bottomlines i've seen i'd not waste my money.
    fighting for this country(it can't always be someone ELSE'S SON)
    keep on fishin

Post Thanks / Like

i have heard the tournament series from the late 90's were good but that the newer stuff is lacking

also, what are you wanting one for? lowrance makes some very fine units with a large range of price... if you happen to fish deep water this unit is very detailed when deeper than 80 feet

me... i went with garmin 240, under 250 with transducer and easy to use and i fish shallow most times, under 50 feet ....so it works great. i have one on console and one for trolling motor

Post Thanks / Like

I have their bottom of the line special, I think it's a tournament 30, and I like it. I've had two other Bottomlines, both Fishin' Buddy units, and they were OK for float tubes. So I haven't been spoiled on the better stuff YET... I just wanted to get the wife acclimated to a fish finder so I got this and mickey moused it to slip onto the transom of our portabote. Now she loves fish finders and someday we'll have a better one, I betcha!:D

I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

Got a Bass Pro mailer today and they are advertising the Eagle 480 for 149.99. Buck up a little more cash and make the better purchase.