Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Helgy Jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Helgy Jig

As I reported in the New England Forum below, we did very well this past Saturday, drifting a variety of jigs. One of the "stand-outs" on this day was a Mister Twister Helgrammite in black. I dressed it on a 1/8 oz. ball head (#4 gold hook) it accounted for quiet a few of my crappie that day - along with a few bluegills too! Amazing what a gill can stuff into it's mouth.

Anyway, I was so impressed I took a picture of this combo in case any of you are of a mind to give it a whirl. If the crappie where you are, are anything like the ones here, you will get bit! It's that good.

Name:  Helgy.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  26.9 KB
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking bait but check with ctom - here's a thread he posted on the new Do-It Helgy mold
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/diy-s...s/315141-bugs/

Might have to get some myself - I've been seeing a lot of naturals in my local fishing pond lately that I've NEVER EVER seen before. I even called Fish and Wildlife about it.

Post Thanks / Like

i do know the real versions of them little buggers ketch fire out of fish in the rivers in these parts .....i would think them plastics look very similar to em
    mighty good looking bait you have there ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales