Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I PILOT REMOTE

Post Thanks / Like

Default I PILOT REMOTE

Anyone have a problem with the new style using up batteries pretty quick? Mine just went dead after 10-12 trips. My old style remote used to last 3-4 years. Any one experience this? Bad remote? or normal?

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was something I was doing. I've been thru 3 batteries in 2 months. I ended up buying a dozen replacements from Amazon. I had trouble finding them locally.

I was on a redear trip with clients in May and in a shallow area. I went to turn slightly and when I hit the remote, it started the motor and turned like I wanted but wouldn't shut off. Luckily I was able to get the motor unplugged before we ran ashore. I changed the battery and it worked perfectly. The scary part is I had zero warning of a problem.

I think most of the issue with the batteries is the fact you and I both troll most of the time and are on the remote constantly. Granted, the remote on my Terrova 80 battery lasted over a year of constant use pulling cranks.
    Last edited by M R Dux; 07-03-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Clint, deltabound LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default I PILOT REMOTE

All the guys with ipilot link and the micro remote, are burning through batteries quickly. I haven't had any issues with the standard ipilot remote, battery wise. I have been having issues with battery connection in the newer remotes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I think most of the issue with the batteries is the fact you and I both troll most of the time and are on the remote constantly. Granted, the remote on my Terrova 80 battery lasted over a year of constant use pulling cranks

I trolled a lot with the old style remote and a battery lasted 3 yrs. I will call minn kota tues and find out whats going on. Its under warranty.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I heard somewhere to put a dime behind the battery in the remote,they say the newer remote has a connection problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's about what I'm getting out of mine also wilbur.
    I wish they would use the I pilot link remote. They are rechargeable . And that's why they give us the cheap remote so we will upgrade
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

The one I have is a piece of junk. Display goes off all the time and maybe 3 trips and that's it on the batteries.
    Likes wilbur LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I tried calling them today, but they are off for the holiday till Wed. They must be making a bunch on the battery commision.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I troll non stop and have no problems with batteries. I get about a year out of mine. Not sure what you mean by "New style" remote. Mine is less than a year old. I do purchase good quality batteries and troll for 8 to 10 hours a day with it.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the rechargeable remote with the I-Pilot Link year 2015; it's the only one I've ever had so I can't compare with any others. I have no problem getting through the day which for me is about 4 to 5 hours of actual run time on the trolling motor when I'm on the lake all day. If I forget to put it on the charger that evening I will only get about another 3 hours of actual usage time out of the remote before I have to break out foot control so fully charged it gets about 8 hours. I've only had to break out the foot control twice and that's been enough of a reminder to keep the remote charged!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast