Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sam heaton rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default sam heaton rod

Any of you guys fish with the sam heaton super sensitive rod?

I just received one and it IS sensitive.

Now that I've got it I'm a bit concerned if I happen to hook a bass or fat crappie the sucker will break for sure.

Guess you really got to play them out and use a net to land them with this thing.
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot

Now that I've got it I'm a bit concerned if I happen to hook a bass or fat crappie the sucker will break for sure.

Guess you really got to play them out and use a net to land them with this thing.

good luck with the new rod.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    good luck with the new rod.
    Thanks Duane. I'm going out today and give it a try. It's very light and feels great in your hand, but hope the sucker holds up. Can't imagine getting a slab or the pesky bass on this thing. lol. I guess I should just hope I get the chance.

Hoot

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to worry Hoot. The first time out with mine (12 footer) I caught a 10-12lb blackfish with it. I'm told tho that you must be careful not to nick the pole as it will break then. So far I haven't had any trouble with any of mine.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Not to worry Hoot. The first time out with mine (12 footer) I caught a 10-12lb blackfish with it. I'm told tho that you must be careful not to nick the pole as it will break then. So far I haven't had any trouble with any of mine.
    Thanks IBNFSHN

Took it out today and caught 10 nice 9/10/12 crappie. Great pole and with the Shimano Spirex makes a good combo I think. I began to get used to it. It was a bit difficult for me to cast at first.

so far i'm glad i bought it

Hoot

Post Thanks / Like

Hoot

I've been using an eleven-footer for the last year and love it. I've caught a five pound catfish with it (used the net) and several bass and never had any problems. But I have broken it twice due to rectal cranial inversion. Just becareful about bending it too sharply when retieing or trying to get unsnagged and as IBNFSHN said don't nick it.
    At least if you do break it you can order a replacement section and have it in just a few days.

Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2Crappie
    Hoot

I've been using an eleven-footer for the last year and love it. I've caught a five pound catfish with it (used the net) and several bass and never had any problems. But I have broken it twice due to rectal cranial inversion. Just becareful about bending it too sharply when retieing or trying to get unsnagged and as IBNFSHN said don't nick it.
    At least if you do break it you can order a replacement section and have it in just a few days.

Good Luck
    N2
    Thanks N2Crappie! I suffer from rectal cranial inversion from time to time and will be aware.

I've fished with the rod a few days now and love the feel. It's great. I'm thinking though that my shimano spirex is a bit too big for the rod. The balance seems a bit screwy when I cast. I maybe just need to get comfortable with it. Have been thinking the micro Marshall reel would be more appropriate.

Otherwise I really like the rod.

Thanks,
    Hoot

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care for sensitive rods,especially the super sensitive ones.One wrong word and they don't speak to you the rest of the day.When you ask them whats wrong,they say "nothing" then spend the rest of the trip giving you the evil eye.And don't fall into that trap if they ask if their cork handle makes them look fat.Ho,boy.
    Nope,give me a ugly stick and save those sensitive rods for the flyfishers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default to each there own

I think the Sams Super Sensitive is the best rod on the market today. I have broke a couple but, I will keep going back until I find one I like better. I have tried a lot of different rods including the ugly stick. Ugly stick is a great catfishing rod. Hoot, you said it took awhile to get use to casting it. Your not trying to cast a 12' rod are you?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default HOOT.....Sams Super Sensitive

what size Sams Super Sensitive rod did you get?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast