Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Someone asked if you ever .......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Someone asked if you ever .......

And i thought yeah i have but i dont have a photo .....Well yesterday at lunch i got the photo !
    So here we go on lunch ketchn under the bridge in the shade yesterday . I was just there for a bit and knew from a couple of days ago if the wind stayed down i would most likely ketch me a few crappie down there .
    Well first cast BANG ...down goes my float like a submarine ...up comes a nice slab ! Second cast next bridge column ....BANG down goes my float and yet another slab ! i am getting a bit pumped now for sure .....But after that i had to work for them . the bites became lighter and the fish became somewhat difficult . they were real tight to the columns and its a long cast and not easy at all to get the presentation just right . none the less i split them lips right well , and towards the latter part of this visit i pitched to a spot on the lead edge of the bridge that has an obstacle against it under the water that i imagine is a big ole tree washed in during the flooding .
    I have lost quite few jigs in that area so i know something is down there , but i was feeling kinda brave and thought what the heck . Well the set up hits the water and the float stands up and goes down like i had a rock on it . I set the hook and in an instant i was broke off ! right at my float due to the pinch point and the previous fish stressing the line at the pinch point .
    When i have to pitch that far i use my good Thill floats and as i watched it float away i told myself i should have known better ! Well i tied up a new rig with slightly different color jighead and played a bit more . Quite few small crappie seemed to be all that was interested in the set up and right before i left i thought .......a real dumb thought ....maybe i pitch it back there one more time ....its just the second 1.79 float and a jig ...right ?
    The same exact thing happened like 15 minutes before and this time i prevailed . The water blew up and out comes a big ole mean river bass doing cartwheels and pulling drag ...I get him close and thunk is that another line in his mouth ? Wait just a minute is that my hi viz in his mouth ? You guessed it ...mister bad boy hit that same presentation times 2 ! And the first jig was so far gone all there was visible was an 8 foot pc. of my line !
    I took a couple of photos and cut the first set up close to his lip and got my second jig back and sent him on his way !
    Hooked one more bass for a second and then told myself i think the crappie been pushed out ...time to go back to work ...
    so did i ever ketch a fish with someones jig and or hook in it ....YEP mine .....LOL
    hope you enjoy the photos and have a great day
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a fun lunch break. At least you got your jig back, and answered the question of what was it.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good story Ketchn and great ketch.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome lunch brother!!!

and to answer your question, yes.