Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: and then todays episode of they aint biting .....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Default and then todays episode of they aint biting .....LOL

I love it when everyone says they aint biting ! In my opinion they are always biting ! They are eating machines and even when they are not hunting they rarely pass up on an easy meal .so if you can find them and give them something easy to eat , there is a high probability of ketchn the fire out of them because they tend to run in packs as well .
    So here we go again with the man you got here late , they just quit biting . The ranger station said they don't bite this time of day . The local guy that is there everyday says yeah it was on early but they shut down . I always say oh darn ,the story of my life ....should a been here whenever ....
    So I walk past mister they aint biting but they are on the bottom . I set my line depth at 9 foot in 14 foot of water and pitch my jig right beside him . It never settles and I set the hook . Then I repeat that a few more times while he says what the heck bait are you using ? I said a real large pearl white 3 inch bait on a 1/32 ball head non painted jig AND they are NOT on the bottom sir ! They are suspended about 4 to 5 feet above the bottom .
    He eventually leaves and a father and daughter show up . They are there to ketch a fish ! They have big beach ball floats and a some rather dead looking minnerz and are fishing them about 3 foot deep in open water .I tried to give them a few fish for dinner but they said they were just there to ketch some . I told dad if you want to send that little girl over here and take that bobber off her line I promise she will ketch a fish ! So I patiently explained the procedure to her and measured out her line . I told her she wouldn't feel a bite with the large bell sinker she had but if she was patient and raised her rod real lightly once in a while she would feel one when one was on it .
    Well she managed 3 crappie back to back with that SAME minner ! We was going for 4 but the last one threw the dead shiner out to far for me to reach . Dad was taking photos and shaking my hand till it almost fell off , said she never caught a crappie before and she was all smiles . I left them at it and explained she might ketch a real large one because they are for sure under that dock !
    My bud showed up and we went to another dock and repeated the scenario till we got tired . Let them all swim and on to work I went ....
    hope you enjoy the photos and the fish story ....
    and have a great day ...
    p.s. there was friendly water snake that wanted a fish but I couldn't seem to ketch one small enough for him
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome post! Thanks!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post and thanks for giving the young lady a chance to ketch some fish. That is what it is all about.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures.......thanks for sharing
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default and then todays episode of they aint biting .....LOL

Nice post I enjoyed it, Sinkermaker hit it on the head.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff! Teaching the young ones can have such a lasting affect on their lives. Well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Good story and nice catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie. Thanks for sharing your time and fishing know how with others.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Great job
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story! That Little girl and father will remember that forever! Way to pass on the know how.
    ***There has to be a fish somewhere needing to be caught!***

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast