Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Frog Hair?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frog Hair?

So I come across this Frog Hair stuff and wonder what the heck it's all about.

It wasn't immediately obvious. Sure, it's a couple of bobbers, and some little rubber things that look like bobber stops, but's what's all the fuss about inside the packaging. So I had to check it out.

Turns out, this is kinda a "fishing system". More so a way to put on (apply) bobbers and bobber stops easily onto your line. The trick is the "Frog Hair" (I never knew frogs had hair) that already has the "good stuff" threaded through it. All you do is stick your line through the big loop at the botom, and pull the bobber stop, and/or bobber down the wire and over your line. Simple as that. Super easy to apply. Don't have to thread two eyes on those little red bobber stops. These rubber bobber stops allow you to move them up and down your line to vary and change it up to the correct depth. I really dig it. And these little tiny bobbers worked great for fishing for the gills off my sea wall. I don't use a weight, just a hook, and a piece of hot dog, or Gewbers. The bobber is hard styrofoam, not the regular stuff. I floats real high, is harder than regular styrofoam, and has a little heft to it so it's easy to cast. Should last forever. I gotta say, I like this system. Makes life just a bit easier. Check it out at: FrogHair Fishing

Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes Blackhawk19, skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

FYI for anybody who's interested: Frog Hair products are a favorite among fly fisherman, so you will generally find their stuff in fly shops or the FF section of places like Bass Pro.
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

SLAB,I THINK THE FROGS AROUND MUST SHAVE BEFORE I GET UP
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Slab, Blackhawk19, Redge LIKED above post

chaunc is online now 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the bobber stops but not the bobbers. They stopped sliding after a few trips. Got frustrated and stopped using them.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have something similar and I just want to tell ya to moisten the line before you try to slide them very far. They go thru most guides without a hitch. Good stuff.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    FYI for anybody who's interested: Frog Hair products are a favorite among fly fisherman, so you will generally find their stuff in fly shops or the FF section of places like Bass Pro.
    How very true! Frog Hair costs a bit more, but it has the "best knot strength" and is completely invisible in the water.

I'm a Fly Fishing guy, and that's all I ever use!

I don't use a float and live bait anymore, but if you like it Slab ----- knock yourself out! My grandson is 5 now, and he is tired of using a bobber and live bait. LOL Most folks upgrade to "lures" and catch a bunch more than they did with a bobber and live bait! LOL

Tight Lines,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    So I come across this Frog Hair stuff and wonder what the heck it's all about.

It wasn't immediately obvious. Sure, it's a couple of bobbers, and some little rubber things that look like bobber stops, but's what's all the fuss about inside the packaging. So I had to check it out.

Turns out, this is kinda a "fishing system". More so a way to put on (apply) bobbers and bobber stops easily onto your line. The trick is the "Frog Hair" (I never knew frogs had hair) that already has the "good stuff" threaded through it. All you do is stick your line through the big loop at the botom, and pull the bobber stop, and/or bobber down the wire and over your line. Simple as that. Super easy to apply. Don't have to thread two eyes on those little red bobber stops. These rubber bobber stops allow you to move them up and down your line to vary and change it up to the correct depth. I really dig it. And these little tiny bobbers worked great for fishing for the gills off my sea wall. I don't use a weight, just a hook, and a piece of hot dog, or Gewbers. The bobber is hard styrofoam, not the regular stuff. I floats real high, is harder than regular styrofoam, and has a little heft to it so it's easy to cast. Should last forever. I gotta say, I like this system. Makes life just a bit easier. Check it out at: FrogHair Fishing

Has Momma tried????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Has Momma tried????
    Not yet, she's afraid of the Yellow Flies, and besides that she's still unpacking.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappitier View Post
    I don't use a float and live bait anymore, but if you like it Slab ----- knock yourself out! My grandson is 5 now, and he is tired of using a bobber and live bait. LOL Most folks upgrade to "lures" and catch a bunch more than they did with a bobber and live bait! LOL

Tight Lines,
    Hodogs ain't alive! I don't even think what's in there was ever alive! 99.9% artificial something right guys! lol

And my 85 year old mom prefers the hot dogs with cheese btw. She says it catches the bigger ones.
    Owner
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hotdogs are man made by a machine at Wally World, no animals are harmed making them. Ask anyone on the net!
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes Slab LIKED above post