Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Ed!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Ed!

Might want to post a link for the new URL for this message board along with the message that the board will be down on the page that comes up when you hit the old URL.

Did that make any sense at all?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

no
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

What are the URL's that you're talking about Jerry. When I moved the board yesterday, the URL never changed. And if you know of an old URL, I can easily make a URL "redirect" that redirects those people still pointing to an old URL to the new URL.

I know, it can be confusing, hope you understood what I said.

Also, my bro is looking at property on Bull Shoals Lake, any thing to warn him about? He found what looks like a gorgious (sp?) piece of property right on the lake.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    What are the URL's that you're talking about Jerry. When I moved the board yesterday, the URL never changed. And if you know of an old URL, I can easily make a URL "redirect" that redirects those people still pointing to an old URL to the new URL.

I know, it can be confusing, hope you understood what I said.

Also, my bro is looking at property on Bull Shoals Lake, any thing to warn him about? He found what looks like a gorgious (sp?) piece of property right on the lake.
    ED that is my favorite lake. What area or the lake is he looking at? It is a big lake moving between MO and AR like a snake. Plus some area are better than other for different type fishing. Another thing is from some areas you maybe close to another great lake Norfork Lake or Table Rock Lake and Lake Taneycomo.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ed:

Well, for two days after you moved the board if I tried to bring it up with my regular bookmark I would get the page with the window in the middle saying you were taking the board down to move it to another server and it would be completed by.........

I had to go to the home page and click on the link there to get to the message board. I then re-book marked it and haven't had any more problem.

Some other folks seemed to have the same problem - not able to get into the message board from their old bookmark - appeard to be offline, getting the "upgrad" message - so I figured the URL changed when you moved every thing to a new server.

Didn't want to loose anyone with the move, that's all.

We appriciate your hard work Ed, in keeping this site running for all of us crappie nuts!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

PS Don't know much about Bull Shoals lake except that it's in some really nice country and it's BIG! I almost moved up to that area about 6-years ago.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ed:

Check the chat room - folks still having the same trouble this morning. Sumptin aint right!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Ed:

Well, for two days after you moved the board if I tried to bring it up with my regular bookmark I would get the page with the window in the middle saying you were taking the board down to move it to another server and it would be completed by.........

I had to go to the home page and click on the link there to get to the message board. I then re-book marked it and haven't had any more problem.

Some other folks seemed to have the same problem - not able to get into the message board from their old bookmark - appeard to be offline, getting the "upgrad" message - so I figured the URL changed when you moved every thing to a new server.

Didn't want to loose anyone with the move, that's all.

We appriciate your hard work Ed, in keeping this site running for all of us crappie nuts!
    I had to do the same thing Jerry. Since then everything is back to "normal".
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just post a new link on the old page that comes up. That way they can use the old link and find the new link there. Two clicks and you are here. Then just save this site to your favorites folder on on the links line at the top of IE 6. ie drag the address bar's icon for this page to the links line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Might want to post a link for the new URL for this message board along with the message that the board will be down on the page that comes up when you hit the old URL.

Did that make any sense at all?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure what the issue is. Links have not changed at all. I moved the backend database, not the HTTP Web server. So, that said, what I really need is the actual URL that people have in their "favorites" that does not seem to work, and then I can try to figure out what the issue is. thanks all
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast