Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: One pole ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default One pole ?

Here in my little part of the crappie world sometimes its just about one pole . One pole on a dock and one pole in the hand , or one pole on the bridge and one pole in the hand . But even if the presentation differs tremendously it still seems to be all about one pole . i hit the river at lunch and the fish were on one pole of the bridge , i hit the lake after work and the fish were on one pole on a dock . I pitched a float rig on the river with a 7 foot pole and a i pitched just a jig on a 5.5 foot pole at the lake .
    Now mind ya i found fish every where i hit and in numbers as well . a few bass and one unlucky bream and about a pretty ridiculous number of crappie and some of them was pretty nice . i did hit a few bridge columns up under a bridge from the boat as well .
    i use just jigs 99.99% of the time and if the bite isnt right i add a crappie nibble .
    Lots of folks in these parts say the lake i am hitting is slow , i say well i dont know about all that so much . we was rippin 2 at a time at the lake an my river visit at lunch was real nice as well . A large storm cut it short on the lake visit after work but we still managed about 60 in 2 hours between us . i lost count on the river but i imagine i ripped about 25 or 30 pretty easily .
    my predominant bait was larger pearl white plastic on a 1/32 number 6 proball .....and even them lil tiny pex that make ya say STOP it got jerked out of the water as well .....
    fish were holding about 8 foot down in 12 er so foot of water at the river in the shade about noon....LOTS of bait up under there and the lake fish fish were holding about 10 to 12 foot down in 10 to 15 foot of water .
    I am not going to get to go east this week so yawl bear with me until i get to travel out of town . i may get to hit a west texas lake for a bit tomorrow instead of this here urban crappie thing . hope everyone has a great day ....
    and the photos may not be in order ....LOL
    and hope you enjoy the read and photos ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time,nice catch!

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are nice ketchn, I also love the simplicity of one pole fishing .

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent job out there in Texas! My favorite one pole is the SHSS in 7' length. Can do just about anything with this one rod.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report....do you ever work ? lol
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

NICE CATCH AND PIC'S,I TOO FISH ONE POLE AND ONLY JIGS,LOVE IT,BUT IF OTHERS WANT MORE POLES THAT'S OK WITH ME,NOT HARD TO GET ALONG WITH,DON'T BELIEVE ME ,JUST ASK ME,LOL
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Good report....do you ever work ? lol
    yes sir a little from time to time ....

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch again you have got the pattern down

Post Thanks / Like

to be quite honest the pattern changes from lake to lake and spot to spot and day to day ...i just explore different patterns and or employ what has worked there before until i figure out what they like .....it can sometimes be the slightest of differences .....bait size ,color , depth , speed of presentation and so on ....
    i was with a bud yesterday who is the slammer of fish and can hand it to me easily .....but yesterday he just wasnt clickin and i was ....
    one thing for sure i been in the opposite seat before many times ......crappie are so fun to try to figure out ....
    they are the never ending keep you guessin fish in fresh water it seems to me .....
    and they taste simply fantastic as well