Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Belews Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Belews Lake

Anybody fish there? I'm moving this weekend to Belews Creek and will be living 2 miles from the Piney Brush ramp. Someone told me the fish there are loaded with mercury-true or false? I know its a warm lake with the coal plant there, its crowded by day, wonder how the night crappie are.

bernie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejoe
    Anybody fish there? I'm moving this weekend to Belews Creek and will be living 2 miles from the Piney Brush ramp. Someone told me the fish there are loaded with mercury-true or false? I know its a warm lake with the coal plant there, its crowded by day, wonder how the night crappie are.
    I live on highway 158 15 minutes from Piney brush night fishing on belews is not to crowed the fishing is slow.as far the mercury don't think it was mercury it was something that came out yhe stacks when firing the boilers. it is better now . fish couldn't reproduce the warning signs have been down about four years

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Bernie. I stopped by there tonight at 8PM on my way back to GSO and worked my yellow lab out from the ramp. I saw 4-5 crappie boats headed out and the skiiers hauling out. Earlier in the day the ramp was overflowing and trucks with trailers had to park out on NC65. Holiday weekend! Do you know where the best place to get minnows nearby is? They may also have a map I could buy.

bernie Guest

Default minnows

[QUOTE=crappiejoe]Thanks, Bernie. I stopped by there tonight at 8PM on my way back to GSO and worked my yellow lab out from the ramp. I saw 4-5 crappie boats headed out and the skiiers hauling out. Earlier in the day the ramp was overflowing and trucks with trailers had to park out on NC65. Holiday weekend! Do you know where the best place to get minnows nearby is? Th ey may also have a map I could buy.[/QUOTEar nearest placeto buy minnows is acroos highway 158 across from lou's resturant.a small flea mart you will see signs another is in stokesdale at the gas house. crappie is not heavy on lake mostly mexicans from bank.bass fishing is heavy all year. map probably at carolina marina on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

White's Store at the intersection of Pine Hall Road and NC 65 about 2 miles past the boat ramp towards Walnut Cove and there is another little store about a mile closer that has a minnow sign out front - I do not know about maps though - It might be worth your while to ride on to Walnut Cove on NC 89 and check out Betty's Country Grocery thay have a big tackle shop (Bass Pro Shop Dealer) they have maps and lots more
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Now (as soon as I can find all my stuff) I'll be out there.