Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Swimbaits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Swimbaits?

Was going to head out today and try using some 2-3" Swimbaits...how often you guys fish little Swimbaits for crappie? Just trying to change things up I guess, was thinking the Ripple Shad by Berkley....but other ideas are appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried several different small swimbaits. They worked for me, but I just didn't enjoy using them as much as I do jigs. Don't know why, it's just the way it is for me.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to sell.Not my sponosr.They catch fish! We really like Arkie's sexy tail shad.Use these as a swim bait for crappie.Have really had good success this spring and summer.All colors catch fish. Arkie has the perfect recipe for plastic's.
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

I always get confused about the term "swimbaits". What exactly does this mean? I've got an order in for some Lake Fork segmented bodies plastics (2"). I suppose these are swimbaits? But then again, anything you cast out and retrieve can be called a swimbait, can it not? Hope someone can steer me right.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    I always get confused about the term "swimbaits". What exactly does this mean? I've got an order in for some Lake Fork segmented bodies plastics (2"). I suppose these are swimbaits? But then again, anything you cast out and retrieve can be called a swimbait, can it not? Hope someone can steer me right.
    I always associated "swimbait" with being a shad/minnow shaped body that had a boot tail/paddle tail .... like a Strike King Shadalicious or YUM Money Minnow.

Lake Fork does make a "swimbait" (Boot Tail Live Magic Shad) with those attributes.

If you look at all the different brands of baits that have a "swimbait" designation, the overall connecting factor is that most of them do have a "boot tail/paddle tail" ... regardless of whether they're simple or complex in body design or coloration.
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with CP.......when I think swimbait I think of spear/paddle tail softbait. So I forgot I even had these baby shad swim'r tails by Bobby Garland that are suited with a mini paddle tail.....paired it with a 1/16 Road Runner!

Attachment 242832
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes Crestliner08, Tom 513, trypman1 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you like those ... check out the Contest forum, as I'm running another TTI Blakemore Slabalicious Road Runner giveaway !!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CP heading their now....I actually caught several crappie on that this evening but none of legal size ;(

Post Thanks / Like

All I use is swimbaits....the craws are swimmers also!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Keitech USA Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEYESfromOHIO View Post
    I agree with CP.......when I think swimbait I think of spear/paddle tail softbait. So I forgot I even had these baby shad swim'r tails by Bobby Garland that are suited with a mini paddle tail.....paired it with a 1/16 Road Runner!

Attachment 242832
    I've always thought of "Swimbaits" as those large Bluegill-type baits that are very heavy.

I have those BG Electric Chicken Baby Shads and Itty Bittys. Also have both in different colors. The Itty Bittys are very attractive to dinks in my area. The button-tail also seems to make a big difference. I've seen the same baits missing the button-tail that couldn't get a hit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast