Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transducer location

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer location

I have installed a Garmin 93SV on my Lowe Stinger 175. I mounted the transducer on the mounting pad that was factory installed. The transducer for this unit is pretty huge. It sticks out from the back of the transom a lot and I was worried about it getting damaged when fishing the trees. Has anyone mounted this transducer to their aluminum boat? Is there such thing as a guard that a person could build or buy that can be installed to protect it that doesn't effect the performance of the unit? Pictures of your mount would be great! Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Iron Sharpens Iron, and one man sharpens another.
    Proverbs27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Jared knows a place in Tightwad that builds them. I tried to go copy the link he gave me, but the site was down for some reason. I don'lt have the guard, but it looks very beefy and covers the whole top and both sides of the transducer. They might build one for that model. I'll keep trying the link, or you can pm Jigging15 and ask him.

Post Thanks / Like

It's called a stump jumper. Built in tightwad mo. I just installed one a few weeks ago on a Lowe with Lowrance hds. They are easy to install if he makes one for your unit. They are spring loaded and designed to lift up when contacting a stump and then drop back down automatically. The are a little pricey but well made and cheaper than a new transducer if ya hit something. Just Google stump jumper transducer mount
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Jackie Albin on highway 7 makes them. Having him install one on my boat as I type this.
    660-383-2234 is his number

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I'll check into this.
    Iron Sharpens Iron, and one man sharpens another.
    Proverbs27:17

Post Thanks / Like

good information can be gathered here, and y'all just proved it.
    Likes Back Water LIKED above post