Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What a Day!

dallman is offline Trophy King II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a Day!

My Lowrance 12 touch has been acting up the last few trips and have contacted them and they wanted a screen shot. It looks like a computer screen when the video card goes bad. Anyway I got a couple of pictures and I have to do a hard shutdown to when I did I touched the power button more than once and when it restarted I couldn't see the screen. I figured I now owned a very expensive sirius radio as that is all that would work. When i got home last night I was able to see the screen and got the brightness back and exported by waypoints did not want to lose those. All day I figured a pound of crappie had gone from 30.00 to 50.00 dollars a pound. I did catch 9 crappie and 8 were slabs so the price had gone down to 49.99. I did have one of the better fishing days that I had I am starting to like the north wind in the summer. I finally had to leave the area I was at and went to a place that I normally don't fish in the summer caught a nice crappie and then I lassoed a 30 pound gar. By the time I got it to the boat and saw it was not hooked the line was wrapped around its middle after feeling the cost of the sonar I decided to recover the lure and got it back with out a scratch on it. And by the way during the day I managed to let one of my lures get 1000 feet behind the boat. I guess I was just testing what I had read about on here about lure depth. Then got the boat back to the slip and found the auto bilge pump was not working. I had never installed a manual switch and was congratulating myself that I was smart enough to have kept a multimeter on the boat. I checked the voltage and had what I needed and decided to jump it with the materials at hand wood screws etc and blew the fuse. Decided it was time to quit and bring the boat home and call it a day. Lure of the day was mistaken identity. I only had two and they caught 5 of the fish and a LMB. I have ordered a few more.

Don
    Retired USN

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Ole Murphy still alive and doing well .lol

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

But you caught fish and know what you have to fix, I'd say you're ahead of the game. We all have those days.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes ad1974, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep we all have those kinda days.