PDA

View Full Version : Fishfinder Help.

Uncle Dave
02-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I just purchased a used fishfinder, Lowrance 51, it looks like new. It only came with the power cord, still conected to unit and about 12" long. After running new transducer and mount I powered it up and all I got was a beep and a flashing screen. No numbers, no menu prompts, no nothing. When I press any of the buttons it beeps, but the screen remains black. If the power cord was cut while still conected to the battery and I looking at a fried board, dead short? I need help, Im heart sick on this one.:( :confused: :(

england
02-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Sounds Like The Screen Could Be Bad. I Work With Touch Screens Sometimes And They Will Do That When The Screen Goes Bad. Maybe - Just A Thought.

Wiskers
02-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Check and make sure you have the positive to positive & negative to negative. It will do that if hooked up backwards.

DENNIS BOWERS
02-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Sounds like maybe the pixels are fried? Just a guess,good luck!!

Uncle Dave
02-11-2007, 05:16 PM
I have it hooked up correctly. The back light will come on and nothing else. I know there are some of you guys with electronic experience. I have followed Lowrance's instructions for a reset, but no dice. Does this sound like a serious problem or am I overlooking something?

Slipcork
02-11-2007, 05:28 PM
go to Lowrance website and see if they have a trouble area. I know on mine they even have program to download to learn how to use it.

I'll look latter and try to find something and forward it to you.

Slipcork
02-11-2007, 05:30 PM
try this page. maybe it will get you started.

http://www.lowrance.com/Marine/