Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Whites off the wall at Pickwick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whites off the wall at Pickwick.

Woke yesterday morning trying to figure out should I fish or not. I decided to go to Pickwick. It is a little early for the white bass to be up in the boils but thought I would give it a try. Pulled up on the wing wall....put the trolling motor in spot lock.....and didn't move from that spot for 3 hours and then headed home. During that 3 hours caught a fish on almost every cast.....only taking breaks to get some water in me. Boy I drank a lot of water today.....99 degrees was official temp down there today. Not many fish pics as I just did not want to fool with the camera. Took one pic of a bass on the Hawg Trough and decided it was too hot to do anymore like that on the deck...so back in the storage it went. I started out using a Major Craft Truzer "Hard" model UL 6' 5" Ajing UL rod. I had the reel strung with 4# test NanoFil and a 2 foot section of Phantom 4# test fluro leader. The lure today was a Midnight Blue ThunderHawk Dancer on a 1/8 ounce white ThunderHawk Micro Dancer jig head. After around a dozen fish I decided I wanted a little more fight....I was getting good fight from the whites but they were all cookie cutter males around 12 inches. So just put the Dancer on the Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ Jig Head Special 6' 10" UL strung with SOS 2# test line. The lighter setup was a lot more fun and a lot of drag pulling going on. Caught two bonus Smallies at about 13 inches. Had the one largemouth. I would cast in front of wing wall and let the current take it into the wall....no retreive at all...just wait for the "thump" and set the hook. Got hung up on the wall about a dozen times. All I had to do was shake it a little and a white would pick it off the wall for me....that was a hoot. I assumed they must have thought it was a crawly bottom minnow that are known to hang on those walls. Three hours was enough for me....I figure I had over 100 white bass.....and I headed home. Hitting Dale Hollow in the morning to look for Gills...it is 4 days before full moon arrives. Life is good!

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images     

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mixed bad there
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love it, great post!!