Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hiring a guide

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hiring a guide

How many of you have hired a guide and learned something that you use when you crappie fish on your home waters? I am sure we can all learn new things from a guide but would like to hear some insight from others. I fish about 2-3 times a week and catch fish but there are times when I feel like I could be doing new things to catch more. Also, I fish backwaters on local rivers and it seems to me that most of the guided trips I see are on lakes and reservoirs. Do these techniques work for river fishing? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not hire a guide when I went fishing last week. However, the person that took me knows the lake as good as any guide as he has been fishing this lake for 20+ years. I had never been dock shooting for crappie until that trip last week and he taught me a lot about how to successfully shoot the docks and catch fish, even though the season is winding down. I came away wanting to do it again and if it was my choice ... I would try my best to make him my guide for this trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Hire a good one and it will be the best money you ever spent.

Regards
    Likes NIMROD LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to learn to fish rivers, then hire a river guide. Some guides like to teach, and some would rather just take you fishing/catching/fileting/tipping/see you next time.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting question , but a rather complicated question . when and where i river visit there are no guides that i am aware of . Lake guides tend be more specific to the waters they visit . in these parts the river visits are totally different than the lake visits in my opinion . fish that spend all most all of their time in fairly shallow waters are different than fish that have alot of different depths to frequent in my opinion . if you have a river guide in your area i would think thats the person to go with .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Like ketchn said this is a tuff question. River fishing is a different game.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk