Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHALLENGE TO CRAPPIE CAMP GATHERINGS.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CHALLENGE TO CRAPPIE CAMP GATHERINGS.

Over the last 18 months or so, there have been some camps having a simple raffle and donating the proceeds to different charities. Louisiana camp at Toledo Bend has done 2, Michigan spring camp has done 2 and Tennessee Reel Foot camp has done one. Altogether, those who bought tickets have only spent a few bucks, but all total over $2800 dollars was raised and donated to a senior center, a summer camp for kids and the wounded warriors. Future plans will include the Green Beret Foundation. My challenge is simple. Have a raffle at your next camp and pick a charity to help out. We have a couple ways we have done these , but there are no rules. We sell tickets, which can be purchased in double rolls very cheap. Then C.c members bring anything they want to raffle, new or used, fishing or not. You purchase tickets, usually a dollar or 6 for five dollars. We put a drawing cup in front of each item and you can bid on whatever items you want. Some scatter them on several Items and some bid all their tickets on one thing. Then after the Saturday night meal, we have the drawing. It has been a huge hit. In Tenn. a couple big items were donated, including a nice yeti cooler and an engel bait cooler and those were raffled. Also, we had some people donate straight up to the raffle without bidding. I also have another idea, given to me by my daughter, that I will be glad to discuss in a pm. We will try it out next time at Toledo Bend as well as doing the regular raffle.
    So with Slab's blessings there is my challenge. Feel free to post questions on here and they will get answered. Also, pm me anytime for any questions about this or anything. "D"
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes DaveB40, RMGeorge, blueball, armyman LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruce, Vonna, Don or Rich, feel free to post pictures of raffles past. Thanks, Danny

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been to several of the LA camps and the raffles "D" does are lots of fun and the money all goes to a good cause.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes "D", blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great thing Danny. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. And thanks go out to all those that participated and donated. We have a great family here.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes "D", DaveB40, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    I have been to several of the LA camps and the raffles "D" does are lots of fun and the money all goes to a good cause.
    That's the truth, we have big fun with this at the Toledo Bend gathering. Like Danny says, all of our items are things folks have brought with them - good stuff too. Even things like home made jellies, etc. It's real simple, and we have not solicited sponsors, although they are welcome. Our cause goes to a local senior center. Great post my friend.
    Randy Andres
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Davebrown42, we should consider this!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Likes "D", Redge, Billbob, davebrown42 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw
    Likes RMGeorge, "D", "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea "D"!

Post Thanks / Like

Our gathering at Reelfoot wasn't very large last spring, but we were still able to donate almost $400 to our chosen charity. I'm so proud of our crappie.com family.

Name:  Day 2 raffle items.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  47.0 KB
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!
    Likes "D", RMGeorge, blueball, "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Couple pics from our raffles. Table with a few prizes and cups for the bidding. Had 2 tables this year. (yes that is a trolling motor)And a pic of the Senior Center rep accepting the money from Mae and I with Miss Denise on the right. . They upgraded some lighting with part of it. Also, check out the post above by Hookin and Cookin. They raised $900. Awesome. Remember , this is just a way for us to all help a little. It does add up. Thanks for looking .

Name:  tbr2.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  41.8 KBName:  tbg1.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  42.1 KB
    Last edited by "D"; 06-15-2016 at 06:31 PM.

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast