Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Lucked Out!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile I Lucked Out!

Around midnight last night I went to Wal-Mart after I got off of work. I was looking for a transom mount trolling motor for a small boat I am in the process of acquiring. This boat will be used mainly for small pond fishing. The first Wal-Mart didn't have any motors so I drove to another one. As luck would have it I found what I was looking for. As I was walking through the sporting goods section I noticed a Motor Guide box on a bottom shelve with other stuff piled on top of it. I pulled it out and it was a 34# thrust motor that would work perfect for my application. I looked at the price and almost jumped for joy. The regular price was $97 and they had it marked down to $59. Can it get any better than that? :D

Post Thanks / Like

Timing is everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you want your money back?? lol
    If you needed it or not, that would have been too hard to pass up. Congrats on your find.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

I will take luck like that anyday

Post Thanks / Like

Right now is a good time to get things at most Walmarts. They are clearancing out a lot of things. I always cash in around February/March at Walmarts. Our Walmart just had a 40lb thrust Foot controlled trolling motor priced at $321.98, and it sold for $120. I almost bought it when it made it to $189, but my friend bought it yesterday for $120, and he doesn't even have a boat yet. Still looking for that if any of you have a good deal on a nice aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I bought a couple fluke type anchors for night fishing for $5.00 each yesterday, even though I have other anchors.Everything else was pretty picked over.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

And this is one of the reasons why I don't bad mouth Wal Mart. Old folks love Wal Mart.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep me too... I got two pair of chest waders for $25.00 each regularly $65.00.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrwillis
    Right now is a good time to get things at most Walmarts. They are clearancing out a lot of things. I always cash in around February/March at Walmarts. Our Walmart just had a 40lb thrust Foot controlled trolling motor priced at $321.98, and it sold for $120. I almost bought it when it made it to $189, but my friend bought it yesterday for $120, and he doesn't even have a boat yet. Still looking for that if any of you have a good deal on a nice aluminum.
    Same here...I almost bought that trolling mtr at $189. Went back to the same store two days later and found out they were sold for $125.......that hurt. I did get some good deals on other stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought two very nice 3-ball bearing Shimano Spinning reels for $10/each. They are originally $39.99. My wife saw them, asked about them, so I told her that I got them at a price I couldn't pass up. That is how she explains things to me after I find big bags of newly bought clothes. I took it one step farther...makes it sound real good. Buy one at 75% off, and get the second at 75% off. Anyone would buy it then...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast