Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mini Baitcaster Reels review

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mini Baitcaster Reels review

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...highlight=reel

Just got my order in from Sportsmans Wharehouse. I bought two of the Ht ent. little baitcasters, (there were cheap, around $10-11 per) and they are junk!!!!

I would have been much better to go to Wally World and pick up the Shakespeare 1 ball bearing baitcaster they have for $18/per.

Post Thanks / Like

Default shakespeare durango

me and my buddies have used spinning reels, "crappie reels", even neat little reels that I brought back from a church trip to russia, but nothing works as good for the price as a shakespeare durango spincasting reel from wally world (3.94) They do a better job of keeping the line from tangling than the small open-face crappie reels and they are a lot cheaper. They all break when you step on them in the bottom of the boat.
    rushcreekoutdoor

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a bass pro crappie reel, I wish I would have seen this thread before I bought it Oh well I did get some other stuff . :rolleyes:
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

rushcreek:You are right about the Durango reel, I bought 2 of them for my Grand Daughter to use off of their dock. I was surprised about how good they throw a small jig. Between her & her friends throwing them on the ground & all,After 2 years they still work.

Post Thanks / Like

The use for these types of reels...They aren't made for casting; all you do with these reels is troll and/or vertical jig. They are my preferred reel for spider-riggin' because of the low profile. A bunch of spinning or spincast reels on your spider-riggin' setup gets too tight.

Hey Mike, what do you not like about the reels?

Post Thanks / Like

I,ve used the BPS model reel and they work pretty good for vertical jig fishing, but just a tad heavy for holding that pole out at arms length all day, so I went back to the old plastic West Point crappie reel. I can see were they would work good for spider rigging. Its amazing how that little bit of weight on that rod can wear that arm out late in the day.
    Biguns only:D

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You Can Not Beat The Shimano Ix1000 Or Ix2000 Available From Monkscrappie.com For $9.95.

Sold Thousands Of Units With No Complaints Or Problems.

Monk