Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Many do you ketch ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question How Many do you ketch ?

of course there will be some numbers that are staggering ....the professional folks ...
    and some like myself that go frequently will be up there as well .....
    so what numbers do you average on just crappie in a year .....
    i will start the bidding ....LOL
    around 5,000 a year give or take a grand for me these days .....
    and yes i have had a year or 3 where it exceeded 10,000 ......
    keep in mind this ....i aint competitive ...i dont fish tourneys ...i dont really care who ketches the most or the biggest either
    i am just getting a feel for who ketches what numbers wise .....
    as always have a great day
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes DaveB40, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll play! Certainly not in the thousands, but enough to eat 'em once a week! Right now I'm struggling. Catching just a few, hunt and peck, one here, one there. I will not clean less than 5, so if I don't hit the number, all prisoners are pardoned! I prefer not to troll, nothing against it, but I always end up with a tangled mess! I am about to switch to nights to get away from the wake and jet skis. So, the answer is probably near 1,000.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you kidding? Does a post like this contribute anything constructive to this site?

Fishermen and hunters are under attack by the bunny-huggers all over this country and all a post like this does is give them more ammunition to use against us and the sports we love.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Glenn, Clint, blueball, short grub, Hanr3, Snubby LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    Are you kidding? Does a post like this contribute anything constructive to this site?

Fishermen and hunters are under attack by the bunny-huggers all over this country and all a post like this does is give them more ammunition to use against us and the sports we love.
    i most certainly wasn't trying to cause an issue with anyone here or anywhere else , the constructive part of this thread is it might help those reading crappie.com decide who might have tips that are tried and true .
    sorry if it offended anyone and if the owner or moderators feel like it somehow is hurting the website , please take the thread down ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

"The thread can stay. No mention of "keeping" all the fish caught ... and some waters having no size or creel limits means the numbers of fish caught in a year may not be negatively impacting the lake or the sport.

The "anti's" are going to diss us, regardless of how many fish are caught." - crappiepappy
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Besides, as much as I go out, as as many fish as I catch (one per trip), I make up for a whole lot of fishermen.

All jokes aside, many people practice catch and release, and many waters are managed differently. All we need to insist on is that everyone follows all local regulations. Also, let a few of the big mama's go in the Spring to make more of the fish we love so much.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I never kept count. But I give away 80 percent of what I catch. Some whole, some filleted and some peeps I cook for. Always have some that are unable to provide for their self
    Likes Slab, crappiewisdom, DaveB40, crp4570, blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to post here earlier before it was temporarily taken down. Ketchn didn't say he was "keepin", so I don't have any problem with his numbers.

I rarely keep fish 'cause I like fishing better than cleaning. But if a guy is following the laws in his area as far as limits are concerned, more power to him.

Keep what you can eat and let the rest go is my philosophy.
    Likes DaveB40, Dave and Lynn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

duplicate post sorry..

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I have had a thousand in 60 years of fishing!! I must be really bad at this!! Better go back to bass fishing I guess!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast