Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dippin rod for a child

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dippin rod for a child

My little girl is at the point where she's starting to fish with me pretty often. I'm trying to figure out what's out there for dipping trees. A lite 8' rod that I can put a spinning reel on.

Post Thanks / Like

I like a simple, telescopic pole for kids. IMO, not having a reel on it is an advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^This. A BnM graphite Lil Jewel 10' would be a piece of cake. The fiberglass lil jewels I have are super light and sensitive, imagine the graphite ones are even better. Just tie on a short line if fishing shallow or long if dipping deep. But the BnM ultralight jig pole with bottom reel seat and a solo reel should be very light and sensitive as well.

Post Thanks / Like

My son is 8 years old and he uses a 8ft Bnm bgjp with a little bnm round reel on it.He catches plenty of fish and can use that setup well.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies I was kind of leaning towards the bgjp and that kinda confirms what I'm going to do. Might have to airbrush some pink on for her!
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some BGJP's in 8' and like the action. As he grows the reel can be upgraded and other techniques used. The older versions are a bit stiffer if you can find them and if that's what you're after.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

My little girl is 8, she always catches the biggest fish of the trip with her 9 ft SAMs super sensitive with a Shakespeare under spin reel. She bangs around and plops the bait into the water with absolutely no concern of finesse, and lands the biggest slab every trip. I'm always perplexed with her technique and often find myself questioning wether to correct her lack of noise control, but it's no joke, she always catches the big one. She would not give that rod up if you paid her, it's near perfection.

Post Thanks / Like

a light rod for sure no matter what length ....and some pink camo duck tape on the handle maybe ?
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales