Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading to ElDorado

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heading to ElDorado

Middle of next week going to pull camper to ElDorado for the first time. Had intentions of going last year but our plans fell through when the water got up so high. I know there are several of you on here who fish it quite a bit. I've never been on it so any advice on the lake would be MUCH appreciated!! Hope to be targeting crappies! Maybe a walleye or two. Wife says we are camping in Quail Run, how is the boat ramp over there?
    Last edited by Ozark88; 06-07-2016 at 05:43 PM.
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I sent you a PM.
    Likes Ozark88 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess my crappie catching reputation must of gotten out in the El Dorado area. Y'all must be afraid I'm gonna come down there and catch all your fish!!!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

prolly need to wait till sun or mon most mouths get zipped at tourney time??

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that would be my guess

Post Thanks / Like

Ozark88,
    I'm not really the one to give advise on this lake and hopefully you've got some useful info. But based of recent reports and my outing this morning finding some brush in about 15-20 ft or so of water might be a safe bet. Pink seems to be good here and got a few bites on pink/chartreuse roadrunner and several on a shad colored bandit 300 casting to the shore and retrieving over about 10-15 FOW. I think there were hitting at about 5-6 foot down above the brush. Water is stained and still a a little high from the rain. Maybe 4-6" visibility. Temp was 76 when I left.
    Action was all from 7-8 in the morning. After that no crappie. Just a couple small mouth and a channel cat.
    I was in the bluestem area dam and looked at a couple other spots with no luck then decided the pleasure crowd was too much. I was not on the main lake at all.
    Just thought I'd post my report. Maybe someone else will chime in later after the tournement.
    Good luck! And id like to see how you did after your trip !
    Likes springhillwantabe, Ozark88, IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks slowboat!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I wish I could give you guys a better report but we didn't do to well chasing crappie at El Dorado. We fished brush shallow and deep, dipped trees out in front of sail boat cove and picked one up here and there but never established any pattern. Ragnar (Don Beckstrom) was nice enough to show us around the lake one evening and did a little fishing with him. Also met Terry (Ice Nitro) who was out fishing the same evening. We did manage however, to boat a couple of nice El Dorado Walleyes!!! Nice lake, has a little of everything in it, and we camped at Bluestem, Quail run area. Nice park, had a bait shop and convenience store close to where we were camping. If you forget anything, it's a short run into town. We will definitely go back :-)
    Name:  photo (1).JPG
Views: 305
Size:  105.6 KBName:  photo (2).JPG
Views: 352
Size:  109.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Ozark! Glad you had a good time.
    I wish I could have got out, fish or no fish.

Cool you got to meet a couple members.
    But one thing I'm confused about though... I thought the El dorado crappies followed those 2 guys around!
    Likes Ozark88, IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

ragnar just does not tell all at once way to much to absorb??
    Likes IceNitro LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast