Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's with this weather.......?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's with this weather.......?

Yesterday fished all day in shirt sleeves with the temps around a high of 67.

Today.........freezing our cahoona's off, temps in the mid 40's but much colder wind chill.

Don't mind fishing in the cold weather but with such an quick change, the old body can't adjust.

Noticed around 5:00 pm yesterday as the wind started picking up and a front was beginning to be felt that the fish shut their jaws. Headed for warmer climes I guess.

What's with the weird weather?

Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot
    Yesterday fished all day in shirt sleeves with the temps around a high of 67.

Today.........freezing our cahoona's off, temps in the mid 40's but much colder wind chill.

Don't mind fishing in the cold weather but with such an quick change, the old body can't adjust.

Noticed around 5:00 pm yesterday as the wind started picking up and a front was beginning to be felt that the fish shut their jaws. Headed for warmer climes I guess.

What's with the weird weather?

Hoot
    Well should be here in Rolla. 71 yesterday and snow covering everything today.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya Hoot. Were having the same ups and downs over here on the east coast. It finally caught up with me as i've got a cold, flu or something. I wish someone would have got the number of that Mac truck that ran over me. LOL
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I hear ya Hoot. Were having the same ups and downs over here on the east coast. It finally caught up with me as i've got a cold, flu or something. I wish someone would have got the number of that Mac truck that ran over me. LOL
    Hope you feel better. I've been fortunate, knock on wood, to not get the flu or cold. But dang it's difficult to get dressed in the morning these days. Yesterday I peeled layer after layer, today can't find enough layers.

geez

Hoot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    Well should be here in Rolla. 71 yesterday and snow covering everything today.
    I'm waiting for the UPS guy to bring my Sam Heaton 7 footer. Can't wait to put the Shimano Spirex on it. I think I'm going to load it with 8lb test to start with.

Hopefully this weather will make up it's mind and I can try it out in the next few days.

Hoot

Post Thanks / Like

IBNFSHN...hope you get to feeling better. This weather is crazy. Like Hoot & Duane Illinois was spring type weather. Wife threatened to put heavy coat in cedar chest. Today we have snow and temperatures drop about 3 degrees per hour. Hope I can get boat out of storage Sunday for trip to Arkansas Monday.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Its el nino or at least thats what the weather man has said.Its been raining,snowing, hailing them being sunny and 50 degrees here in washington.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

The same up's and down's here in northeast arkansas. We barely got a drop last September, so little rain that it killed most of my yard. Since then, it seems as if it hasn't stopped raining. Might get to wear the ole sunglasses this next week though.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default whole lotta

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Whole lotta people have got hit by that Mack Truck - I had several go home sick yesterday - and these are dependable people that never miss work - I have doubled my Vitamin C
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in n/w Pa., we had 70 degrees on thursday morning, and 17 degrees on friday nite. Talk about a weather change. Not going to get above 20 for over 10 days here. I'll have to get my ice fishing gear back out. Used it 3 times in late december, then put it away. Should have good ice by friday. My icefishing motto.... 4 or more, or stay indoor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast