Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Order Wait Time? How long is too long?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Order Wait Time? How long is too long?

I ordered a crappie fishing product from a manufacturer couple of weeks ago. I won't mention name or product at this point, but it was a pricey item at over $700. I paid immediately through PayPal and was told it would ship by the end of that week. After not getting it or tracking, I contacted seller again last week and was told it was almost finished and I would get it today. Still no item or tracking number. Inquired today via text, no reply at all. I will admit I am a bit impatient, but is over two weeks time to start the worry/recover my money process through PayPal? Is over two weeks after being told a few days unreasonable in getting worked up? I don't want to be the nagging type, but $700+ is a lot of money for me! Thoughts?
    Likes jim8861 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be looking for some answers for sure. By my way of thinking, if the seller says "by the end of the week" and doesn't keep that promise, he has breached the contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Me as well. Id want answers. You can file a claim as long as you didnt send $ as friends/family. Call paypal they will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes DaveB40 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Report it to PayPal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes DaveB40 LIKED above post

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

If it was from a manufacturer or reputable business, I would be concerned, but not necessarily worried about being cheated. If it was an eBay purchase, I would be thinking that I may have been cheated. Two weeks is a long time, but one of those weekends included the Memorial Day holiday and they may have been off all three days or maybe even another day as well. I think I would contact Paypal just to verify that the payment was made and your address was correct.

I was cheated on an eBay deal one time, but they got it straightened out and got my money back. It is frustrating, though, and also worrisome. Good luck to you. GTT

Etowah, Tn. foothills to the Smokey Mountains
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently purchased from Grizzly jig several crankbaits. in about 4 days they had not come. I was a little worried but that very day I got a call from a lady at Grizzly that 2 of my colors they were out of and would I like to pick another color or wait on their shipment to come in. This is why I keep going back to these folk. Hope you work things out.
    Likes DaveB40, ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Memorial day could have played a part. The other thing that you didn't say is if it was a big company or a small one owner business who fabs the item himself. I expect orders from major mass produced places quickly. If I want a custom or handmade, which usually means better, item then it may take a little longer.

Post Thanks / Like

depending on the entity you are dealing with several factors could be in play . be the squeaky wheel maybe ? sometimes it helps
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

DaveB40 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Creekside. Delays usually have reasons, some reasonable, others not so!
    All of your responders have it right, call PayPal. Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast