Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulterra Use at Night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ulterra Use at Night

I hate using my Ulterra at night. I can't tell which way it is pointing and that turning noise sure is loud on quiet nights. I miss my old trolling motor when I fish at night. Does anyone not have a problem using Ulterra at night? How do you do use it at night?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont really look at it in the day time.....I just know which way I want the boat to go and I steer it that direction....I just watch the front of the boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Tape a glow stick to it?
    Likes h0MbrE LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Night is for sleep. There are plenty of hours during the day.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes Cane Pole, SlabPappi, Chuck Haley, TGIII LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mildot1 View Post
    Tape a glow stick to it?
    I might have give that a try. I was so used to having the lighted arrow on my Maxum foot control that I am a bit lost at night with the Ulterra. No problem in the day but struggle at night. I also stand out a bit if I am in a quiet cove with other boats around. LOL. That electric motor is a lot louder on a quiet night. I bet the other bass boats are saying "what the heck is that". LOL

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't just the Ulterra. Most of the non cable steer driven motors don't have directional control on the top that lets you see where your motor is pointing. I never look at mine so it doesn't bother me. Instead of a glow stick try photoluminescent tape. Charges in the sun and will glow for up to 12 hours. Can be purchased from: photoluminescent glow in the dark firefighter accountability products – MN8 Foxfire
    This way you don't need to keep putting a glow stick on your motor. Plus, with the tape, you can cut it in the shape of an arrow.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Lonnie84 LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my directional arrow on my GPS map to see which way my motor is pointed--day or night.

I would say you are one of the few on this site who could care less what some guy in a glitter boat who thinks he owns the whole lake thinks about me or my trolling motor.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes Cane Pole, dallman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I use my directional arrow on my GPS map to see which way my motor is pointed--day or night.

I would say you are one of the few on this site who could care less what some guy in a glitter boat who thinks he owns the whole lake thinks about me or my trolling motor.
    I just never realized or thought about how loud it is until I started using it on a calm, quiet night. It is pretty loud for a trolling motor including raising, lowering and turning on. Much louder than my old motor even with it's clanking around. Sure can't sneak up on a shallow fish very easily.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tape on a couple of glow sticks. Bait fish don't spook much at night unless you turn off the lights, then they scatter.

Bait fish will follow yo around if you don't go tooooo fast.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I used "Witch Tape" glow lure tape and added a hunk to the back of my i-Pilot Link head.
    The glow from the bow light keeps it visible even if it does or doesn't get a good light charge.

WTP Inc. - WTP Inc.

http://www.shopwtp-inc.com/product_i...oducts_id=5614
    Robert
    Bringer of the 'Bird...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast