Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laptop views.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Laptop views.

dedfish suggested that I give a printscreen snapshot of the laptop pics, so here it is. As you can see, there are several different maps of the same area. One is Fishing Hot Spots, one KY Hydrographics Topo, one is Ky Hydrographics sidescan view of the lake bottom. These are simulated pics, but it is the same as the view on the water. I can use any mapping that runs on a computer. I am not locked into any manuf specific equipment.

Problem to resolve?

Garmin GPS10 (bluetooth) locks onto Com 40. I need it to lock on Com 8. Any suggestions from the XP Pro Gurus?

When I get this working, I will be able to build track logs of gps/sonar data. This should be similar to what Lowrance is doing with the memory cards.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have said it before and I will say it again--YOU ARE THE MAN---- wish I could help ya but most days I am lucky to post:rolleyes: :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

you know you will never be able to leave the boat ramp with everybody asking whats dat there thing ya got

Post Thanks / Like

You get ESPN on that thing and you're talkin!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    dedfish suggested that I give a printscreen snapshot of the laptop pics, so here it is. As you can see, there are several different maps of the same area. One is Fishing Hot Spots, one KY Hydrographics Topo, one is Ky Hydrographics sidescan view of the lake bottom. These are simulated pics, but it is the same as the view on the water. I can use any mapping that runs on a computer. I am not locked into any manuf specific equipment.

Problem to resolve?

Garmin GPS10 (bluetooth) locks onto Com 40. I need it to lock on Com 8. Any suggestions from the XP Pro Gurus?

When I get this working, I will be able to build track logs of gps/sonar data. This should be similar to what Lowrance is doing with the memory cards.
    Sorry if I missed an important piece of info but what are you using to input the depth info to your laptop and program. I know about the gps side of it I use garmin 60c and enroute.
    Signed uninformed
    aka ken

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

makes me proud to know you---glad you gave yourself the raise ---I can always get a part time job to pay your wages WTG
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to change the com port in device manager. Just a shot from the hip here but connect your bluetooth device and find it in your device manager. (Start, Settings, Control, System, Hardware, Device manager) Find the bluetooth device and if it isn't there, check under Ports (com and lpt). See if it is listed under there. If it isn't, it may actually show up on the control panel itself. I don't have bluetooth on my laptop, so I can't tell you for sure. Let me know if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

If you go into control panel/system/hardware/device manager do you see any ?/conflicts listed there?

Does your GPS have the latest firmware installed? Here is a link for the webupdater.

http://www.garmin.com/products/webup...wtoinstall.jsp

During setup did you see a step to choose a com port? If not try to reinstall and watch carefully for where it asks to choose a com port or where it assigns one. There may be an option to choose differently than the default.

XP is pretty good at sorting out com ports. Its been a long time since I had to mess with them, but I don't remember seeing com ports over the low 20's. Feels like windows 98. eww

You may also already have something on 8. Go back to device mngr - choose the view tab at the top - then check resourses by connestion - click on the + next to IRQ. That will show all your ports.

Shame on you - your making me think. :D
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 02-09-2007 at 08:23 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you're on our side!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Tom for President!

If you had been around 100 years ago we'd be crappie fish'n on Mars by now! :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast