Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain Info Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain Info Please

Headed up Sunday, probably solo since the boy is busy. Any suggestions for either crappie or whites? Just need to feel some tugging on the line. I was thinking of dipping trees but have no idea about a post spawn pattern. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I hear the whites are hitting around the Island out in front of the Florida area,as far as the crappie some people are catching them and some are not, been there twice in the last 10 days and caught 9 keepers and 14 keepers, found fish on the banks mostly small 5-6 inch, found fish in deeper water still small, if your fishing banks look for trash ( tree's that are floating next to bank) best luck around them. Fish I kept averaged 10 inch. When you do catch a fish slow down, there not hitting very hard, picking up minnow are jig very light. Tried some spider rigging in front of 107 8 feet down in 20 ft of water and caught 4-5 fish fairly quick but all small.
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

Mongo, thanks for the info. Did well around the islands. Lots of whites and crappie trolling cranks, even picked up a walleye. Got tired of fighting the wind and moved into a creek and caught my first crappie rigging minnows about 10ft down in 20-25 FOW. Two poles was all I could manage between the wind, bites and baiting. I was using a double hook rig and even caught a double. Lots of small fish but ended up keeping a limit of 10-11 inch fish. A great day for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That's a pretty good day, considering the reports from twain this year! Congrats!