Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Rods in Ohio?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 Rods in Ohio?

Does anyone know if Ohio fishing laws will ever change fishing with 2 rods to 3 rods someday?
    Wish somebody could explain to me why in the South your allowed more rods (spider rigging)
    but in Ohio we're only allowed 2 rods and is anyone working to change this?

Thanks for any replies
    Last edited by Mosquitopat; 06-03-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in North Carolina and I can run 20 off mine i also know a guy that can run 56 off of his boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

HEY MAC,IF I WAS TO RUN THAT MANY I WOULD GET CROSS EYED,LOL.OFCOARSE ONE IS ALL I CAN HANDLE
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Genec it's not that hard unless 3 r 4 goes down at 1 time then you just grab set the hook and if it gets off o well actually I run 10 off the front and my partner runs 4-6 off the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club! We can only use 2 rods per fisherman here in MA as well.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

It's been talked about off/on the last few years in Ohio. As far as the progress on those talks I have no idea. It's funny they have that law since every state that touches our borders allow at least 3. It sure doesn't make sense to me. Mosquitopat...if the law bothers you why don't you start the ball rolling and contact the DNR and see what their views are and see what needs to be done to get the law changed. From some of the threads I've seen not everyone is in favor of the change but I don't know if it was a majority or a minority. Keep us posted, Thanks
    Likes Mosquitopat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If there are limits on the number of fish you can keep, what difference does it make how many rods you have out?
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Likes kycreek, Mosquitopat, Clint, Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was kinda surprised when they changed it from 2 to 3 rods per person here in Pa not all that long ago.Hopefully they change it for you Ohio guys soon,gives you a little more trolling options.

Post Thanks / Like

here in Texas many moons ago there was a rod limit if i remember correctly .....now it seems there is not a limit on rods here
    we used to have a few laws here that have changed ...we can even just grab a fish with our hands now if we chose not to use any rods ....LOL
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hello: Here in Iowa they changed the law. You can use 3 rods but you have to buy a third rod license. You can buy a 3 year resident license but you have to buy the third rod license every year, seems screwey to me. I get the third rod license so I can run different baits and lures at different depths to help with finding a pattern . Good Luck this season. O - R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast