Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ONE 200 Bandit, two white bass on one crankbait..............

Post Thanks / Like

Default ONE 200 Bandit, two white bass on one crankbait..............

Started early yesterday morning, no wind, nice and calm and NOBODY around. Caught six healthy white bass to add to my previous night's collection from the "ville. " The white bass pattern is entirely different in the mornings than it is in the evening. In the mornings , they are scattered every where, hard to find 6 ft to 11 ft, in the evenings they are below the bait fish / shad. Jigged a few, jigging a few with theName:  20160601_073244.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  30.5 KBName:  20160601_073247.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  17.9 KBName:  20160601_112028.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  26.2 KBName:  20160601_120301.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  41.4 KBName:  20160601_120620.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  43.2 KBName:  20160601_120713.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  24.6 KB Rappella, 3/4 to 1oz. for the bigger white bass. Finally trolled a bandit 200, silver with a black back, and ended up catching two, on ONE crank bait.
    Likes vic n, Lil Baby LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're doing some good up there. I went looking for crappies for just a couple of hrs and saw you pulling in to LP. I fished brush and bridges until pain and frustration sent me packing. Probably won't see many crappie posts from Smithville until after the drawdown is finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice haul. Just curious. Are you putting the 7 up in there then freezing? Is it just for more flavor?

Post Thanks / Like

The 7-up / Sprite/ Twist, ANY NON-COLA soda pop to marinate, take away ANY bad taste IF there might be any. Soak it for a few hours or freeze it, thaw it / dump out frozen pop, wash with clean water BEFORE breading. Supposedly (?) it is to take away ANY bad taste IF there is any, I have never had any bad taste, but also , I never ate any without first soaking / marinating them. I DON"T cut out the red meat. i do the same thing with ANY cat fish.

Post Thanks / Like

The Crappies are SO scattered, I have seen some mixed in with the white bass, no clusters, bunches of crappie. Under the shad / baitfish BUT they are mixed in with the white bass, NOT being a minnow fisherman until it gets really hot, JULY, August Sept, Then I fish for Crappies in the trees. Right now, for me is White bass . I KNOW this is a Crappie Page, but, I am into numbers in a short amount of time and White Bass fill that bill for me. Jigging spoons, bucktails jigs ( 1/2 to 1 oz. with a usually a white 3-5 inch trailer ,) and Rappella jigging raps, and trolling Bandits 200 and 300, Black back and chrome / silver sides.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch

Post Thanks / Like

heard about 7-up from a guy bout a yr ago he says any fish he cleans he soaks with the stuff. he said the same as u says it works great. personally i havent tried it but maybe i need too

Post Thanks / Like

I have never tried the soda route, I have always cut out the red meat. I'll have to give the soda method a try - thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice whites!! Those dudes were hungry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast