Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider rigging...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging...

OK guys got me a new boat and want to get it ready for the fall. I am about to out a Garmin sides can on it. What are good spider rig rod holders? And what size rods do I need and what kind? Gonna put 3 rods on each side.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider rigging...

Get the hi-tek t-bars. Easy to adjust, well priced and work great. I run 8 B'n'M Capps and Coleman 14'ers. They've got sensitive tips but easily handle 1oz weights and can swing plenty of fish in the boat, I've caught 6lb bass and several 12-15lb catfish and drum this spring and never had a problem with em, broke one on a stump and B'n'M honored their warranty with no hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You want your rod tips as far out from the trolling motor as you can get. Everybody has their own favorite brand, but the majority will most likely agree that longer is better. We spider rig with 14 ft Southerns and a lot of folks fish 16 to even 20 ft rods. I'm comfortable with my 14 footers and at a towering height of 5 ft 2, I don't think I would do well with anything over 16 ft.
    As for rod holders, I think you can't do any better than Spyderloks. They're just way easier to adjust than any others.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!
    Likes dallman, Quailtail LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Im in the process of doing the same thing you are, and I agree with stalker on the rods and holders from all the research Ive done....I picked the humminbird side scan over the others due to the support and the fact that it will interface with the minn kota terova. Good luck, Im sure our paths may cross fishing since we are pretty close to each other....good luck

Post Thanks / Like

There a lot of good rod holders out there. I am running the Cumberland Crappie right now and like how you do not need any tools to adjust them and they are made right here in the great state of Kentucky. As for rods I would start off with some 12' Pinnacles from Grizzly Jig you can get 4 of them for $70. The 12' will be a little easier to get used to. And after you use them for some time and you still want to spider you can up grade to 14' Southern Crappie rods I don't think you can get a better rod for the money.

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked at alot of them and I am going to make the change to the spiderloks from my home made rig i have now.

Post Thanks / Like

If you dont do anything else....do Spyderlocs! I have had driftmasters, tite-locs, and spyderlocs. And have fished with friends who have cumberlands and high-teks. Spyderlocs beat em all out in my opinion. And all my friends opinions as well even tho they may not have them they will admit to their superiority. I also agree with Vonna about the 14 foot poles (of your choice tomato/tamato). I personally use BNM PST. Im not gonna say they are the best because I have not tried all brands but I DO LOVE TEHM! I also love the fact as mentioned above by RK1 about their customer service. They are an excellent company. Garmin looks like they have a good unit. I personally a Humminbird man (Again great customer service). Electronics are the same way....to each their own. I hope you have fun rigging out your boat and 100% satisfied with your choices. I would buy EXACTLY what you want the 1st time even if its a little more expensive than you like. Because if you dont.....you will be buying again soon exactly what you want. And that cost your WAY MORE money having to buy....sell....and then re-buy exactly what it is you wanted because you didn't do so on the front end. If you can't spend that much right now....wait til ya can.
    Likes Mrs. Crappie Stalker LIKED above post

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My 1st choice and what I use is Hi-Tek but I have modified them with hand knobs. I fish the pinnacle limit 12' graphite rods from Grizzly jig. I am on my 3rd year with them. I use the B&M Buck's mini reel so I have about 30$ in each rig. As these are damaged I will upgrade but I wanted to lower my price point when I started. The two things I will not do w/o is my fish finder with gps to control my speed and the double seat up front. The double seat up front is good for when I am catching too many fish to handle myself and for when I aint catching any for conversation.

And if I waited till I could afford what I wanted to fish I don't think I ever could fish. Have yall seen the new Predator boats. LOL
    Likes maxwell328 LIKED above post

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are you fishing around Pensacola? My wife is from there and we are trying to find somewhere in that area to fish when we visit.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Escambia river.. I catch some in the spring and fall. But I will travel to catch crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast