Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rising Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rising Water

Hope everyone had Great Weekend. With the Lake still rising, I guess its still rising from the rains we had yesterday, what is it making the fish do? Do they typically open some gates after the big weeknend and drop the lake level a little? I fished all weekend and struggled to say the least. Looking at some of the posts, it appears that most everyone was catching some nice ones. I did a lot of dipping but not a lot of catching. I've just started to fish Truman this year and it still has me scratching my head. I plan on taking my Son out on Thursday and was looking for a little advise on where and how. Thanks!
    Iron Sharpens Iron, and one man sharpens another.
    Proverbs27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Changes can make it a challenge. We found them in coves where they were chasing shad and getting out of the current. Rigging and two-pole trolling will work best. We caught most of our fish out away from timber, but on the same token we caught the last of our limits yesterday when one of the rigging rods got up tight to cover. It is a crap shoot from day to day, do a lot of searching and be patient. Dip, but keep the bait in the water and slow swim it to the next cover, take it slow. Try shallow, try deeper, if on cover, what type of cover, etc.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.
    Likes Back Water LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What he said.

Be patient and stay at it.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember a high tide floats all boats. Those fish are exactly where they have been for a month. Just hanging out recovering from the spawn, which they do every year since crappie were invented!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Braggin Board, Yes Sir, I'm sure they are. I'm just looking to cheat the learning curve for this lake. Thanks and I'll keep looking for them.

G.Gordan, thanks for the advise. I will continue to hunt these little fellows.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, good luck cheating it. That is not possible. The Grand is the Grand, the Osage is the Osage, some things carry over, but up from Bucksaw can be down right different than down from Bucksaw on any given day.

There is no cheating the time required.

Yesterdayafter leaving Talley Bend I ran into a friend leaving Bucksaw. He pulled in and chatted at the boat locker.I took him out a few times years ago since he was always going but never catching. He’dgo maybe two-four times/year and fish other places. Then he started going onhis own and more often.Now he post pictures on FB of nice catches.Yesterday he had 13 good ones off the Grand.Still the same boat, same electronics, but he’spaid his dues with time and with that you catch fish. Good luck and enjoy time with the boy.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.
    Likes Back Water LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G.Gordon View Post
    LOL, good luck cheating it. That is not possible. The Grand is the Grand, the Osage is the Osage, some things carry over, but up from Bucksaw can be down right different than down from Bucksaw on any given day.

There is no cheating the time required.

Yesterdayafter leaving Talley Bend I ran into a friend leaving Bucksaw. He pulled in and chatted at the boat locker.I took him out a few times years ago since he was always going but never catching. He’dgo maybe two-four times/year and fish other places. Then he started going onhis own and more often.Now he post pictures on FB of nice catches.Yesterday he had 13 good ones off the Grand.Still the same boat, same electronics, but he’spaid his dues with time and with that you catch fish. Good luck and enjoy time with the boy.
    Yeah, your right. Experience is for sure the best teacher. But gathering knowledge is a wonderful thing. I've thought about hitting the Osage or up Tebo but I'm concentrating on the Bucksaw area this year. Im sure it will take me a few years to start to do some real catching like your friend but thanks to advise from fine Gentlemen like yourself, I get a little better direction. And every fish I catch keeps me coming back for more! And when I get discouraged, I just get on this site and look at all the fish everyone else is catching and it gets me pumped up again. Thanks again for the advise. I do appreciate it.
    Iron Sharpens Iron, and one man sharpens another.
    Proverbs27:17

Likes kcglock LIKED above post