Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bumpin the Ville this morn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bumpin the Ville this morn

Put in at Crows Creek went about halfway to Owl Creek, fished timber at 20', caught 3 nice keepers right off at 5-7' down and continued to catch one 8" after another, so about 10 I got off the lake. All on jigs, water clarity not too bad ,a little dingy,73 water temp and a light wind, nice morn on the water. Sorry no pics, I left the phone in the truck and released all fish. Side note: I washed the boat off when I got home and noticed something on the prop (looked like grease) I thought CRAP I got an output shaft seal leaking, well after the scratch and sniff process and looking at the rest of the trailer...it was CRAP, then I remembered the pile of horse crap in the road at the horse trail crossing..got it. Oh well I would rather spend a few quarters at the car wash than tear down my lower unit. Anybody do any good on the Ville this weekend?
    Likes jigfisherx LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention, I saw a lot of floaters out there with the high water, keep an eye out.

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up with 20 nice spawning blue-gill and a half dozen crappie from a lake outside St.Joe. I stay off the big lakes on these holiday weekends. It is healthier for my blood pressure.
    Likes ripnlips LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually go on holidays either, but nice to hear you got into some, Kevin. Too bad some more keepers didn't cooperate

Post Thanks / Like

Good results from the "scratch and sniff" test.
    Likes Clownfish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I stay off the big lakes on these holiday weekends. It is healthier for my blood pressure.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

I got out there around 530 am. Fished main lake brush pile. Bank by crows creek. And second w bridge. Came off with 5 real nice crappie and white bass