Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day 2016 to "D"

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Memorial Day 2016 to "D"

First let me say thank you to the servicemen who died for our great country. We must never forget their sacrifice, but we must remember that each death was more than a sacrifice, it was also a tragedy to those who knew them. Every one of those who died had someone somewhere who wished it had not happened. Those of us who had parents that served and survived war know what I mean. By God's grace our loved ones returned. We spent the day pretty much normally, thanks to all who have done what it takes to keep us free. We ate a Firehouse sub. They are great and donate so much to helping police, emt's and firemen. But back on subject. Then we visited the national cemetery in Baton Rouge and just sat a while and prayed for those in it. So many unknown soldiers buried there. Started in 1857. Of course every stone had a flag. Then on to the Memorial wall by the river. I visit here a few times a year to pray and reflect, as I know some of the names. Sorry to say, but it has expanded since it was dedicated. Then took a couple photo's of the USS Kidd, the WW2 ship docked here permanently. Have been on it a few times. Toured it once with a WW2 pilot(old BIL) who had such a recall of his time served. We were able to find matching dates and stories to his recollection in the ship archives. Also noticed a nice paddle boat in town. How appropriate, the "America", painted white, trimmed in red and blue. Then back home to get out of the heat. Thank God and our servicemen for our freedom in the United States of America. I'm going to post a few pictures for you also. I wanted to add something on my mind. While today is named to memorialize those who died, it is always a good day to pray for them and their families. It is also always a good day, including this one, to thank Veterans and those currently serving. Remember everyone in the military is a volunteer and are willing to die for our country if the need arises. And as a Veteran, I would do whatever I am called to do until the day I die. I hope this provokes some thought and prayers. Thank you, Danny

Name:  New sticker.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  25.9 KB
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

The Wall in Baton Rouge
    Name:  wall1.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  57.8 KBName:  wall2.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  45.7 KBName:  wall3.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  42.8 KBName:  wall4.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  49.3 KBName:  wall5.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  55.7 KBName:  kidd3.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  36.3 KB

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The USS Kidd and the America

Name:  kidd1.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  33.6 KBName:  kidd2.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  32.6 KB

Name:  pw1.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  37.5 KBName:  pw2.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  42.7 KB

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes huntinslabs, "G", Blackhawk19 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

AMEN
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice presentation "D", thanks for taking the time to do it.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Great post D! Thank you all who have given all protecting our freedom.
    Likes "D", skeetbum LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The loss for those left behind is what I have a tough time dealing with. I thank God on a regular basis for those who keep us free and give of themselves freely in doing so. I was young when Viet Nam was going strong and knew several friends who's brothers didn't return home. I remember the pain and loss those families went through, and probably still go through. My brother was hurt over there and didn't pass on til late 1990. He still visits me when I least expect it.
    I hope all our veterans have had a good Memorial day, and I thank thank them one and all for what they do for me and mine......Skeet.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes "D", shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

well said
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    The loss for those left behind is what I have a tough time dealing with. I thank God on a regular basis for those who keep us free and give of themselves freely in doing so. I was young when Viet Nam was going strong and knew several friends who's brothers didn't return home. I remember the pain and loss those families went through, and probably still go through. My brother was hurt over there and didn't pass on til late 1990. He still visits me when I least expect it.
    I hope all our veterans have had a good Memorial day, and I thank thank them one and all for what they do for me and mine......Skeet.
    Name:  Amen.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  59.1 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast