Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: missy white bass

Post Thanks / Like

Default missy white bass

Anyone been catching any white bass lately? just wondering if they have left the river and headed back out deep yet.
    thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

How ya been bud? Last time I was up around 1812 bout week ago the only fish I caught was a white bass bout 14". Think they are few and far between.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a couple trolling by the dam this weekend, a few weeks ago got some up river by 1812. As Firehyd said very scattered and few and far between.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehyd View Post
    How ya been bud? Last time I was up around 1812 bout week ago the only fish I caught was a white bass bout 14". Think they are few and far between.
    howdy sir , been doing well , how about you? Did decent on some crappie sunday spider rigging from the kayak but was thinking about the white bass and wondering if they were through with their run. sounds like they are. Heard you guys may be getting the pool up and running... if so will be looking forward to seeing you. take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably see you Thursday. Will talk to ya then

Post Thanks / Like

Caught arought 40 from 13 to 15 inches this weekend. At Missy lake side. There's lots of nice health fish to take this year. They are were wind is blowing if that bank is getting pounded by waves and wind sure thing the white bass will be there. There's also in the creek's chasing shad. If winds in the cove bite will be on. Look for banks that have had wind on them for a couple days straight. There's plenty of them. They wrecked my sprider rig twice this weekend. Would get three or four at a time. Was crappie fishing when this was happening. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

They are hitting shad pretty good early and late. Caught some good ones thursday tossing a crankbait around. Ones I caught were about 14". Suspect it will be a great year of white bass fishing, know I'm looking forward to summer when you get some massive schools of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehyd View Post
    Probably see you Thursday. Will talk to ya then
    just a reminder that we only take pool samples mon-wed.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Missy this evening off bank up by the dam. Right as sun started to set you could see the pods of baitfish on the surface being chased around. Several pods. Threw out a twister tail and kept it up near the surface and it was one after another white bass. Started to get crappie around that time too but they were dinks. Was primarily after the gills, but bite was not as hot as it was Monday. Caught a few but not the size of Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colt1888 View Post
    Fished Missy this evening off bank up by the dam. Right as sun started to set you could see the pods of baitfish on the surface being chased around. Several pods. Threw out a twister tail and kept it up near the surface and it was one after another white bass. Started to get crappie around that time too but they were dinks. Was primarily after the gills, but bite was not as hot as it was Monday. Caught a few but not the size of Monday.
    yeah colt, was up there with a buudy fishing from kayaks and witnessed the same thing. did manage a few white bass and a few decent crappie. what a beautiful evening to be out. gotta do it again this morning. thanks for the info and good luck to ya.