Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sabine river

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sabine river

I have fished the Sabine River for the past week without doing very well. Wednesday my grandson wanted to fish for White Bass after school. We got to the river about 4pm. I had crawfish, minnows, worms and jigs. At the boat launch, three boats coming in told me they were fishless. I tried a couple spots with out any luck. There is a creek coming into the river that has a ridge between the creek and the river, makes a point with deep water on both sides. I anchored on top of the point and fished both side. We started catching White Bass. Then the White Perch moved in. We were catching them on crawfish, worm, and minnows and cut gou fish, my grandson’s technique. We ended up with 47 plus about 20 White bass. We were back at the boat ramp before dark. Hope this help you that fish the Sabine. Oh there was a man there that had caught a blue cat the was 40lb or better.
    Good fishing to you!
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish the sabine with my grandparents back in the '60s. You post sure brought back some memories. They lived in Carthage.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Hi DP: I live right outside Carthage, in Gary. I had fun this weekend. I took my 11yr old grandson to Beaver Bend. I love to fly fish and the Rainbows were hitting. Losts of fun to tie flies and catch fish on your own flies. I am sure I caught fish on my flies because they were just feeding so good.
    Last edited by WhitePerchJerker; 02-12-2007 at 02:36 PM.
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

What about Murvalle? That used to be a premier crappie and bass lake.
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default White Perch

DP: You would not believe the number and size of the White Perch I caught last year at Murvaul. I have fished Murvaul for 25 years because it is only about 9 mile from the house. Last spring was fantastic as for as size and numbers, best Murvaul year ever. The cat fishing is not that good. There are many small cats but no two or three+lb. They had the bubbles off for about 5 years. I think the shad population declined and hurt the cat population. Parks and Wildlife really need to do some work on the catfish at Murvaul.
    1967/68