Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surgery- out of commision for a couple weeks or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request Surgery- out of commision for a couple weeks or so.

It's that time again. Time to get my knee replaced, left one this time.
    Last Thanksgiving I had the right one replaced. Back to work three weeks later. Doctors and Therapists told me I was abnormal. Normally it takes 2-3 months to recover, and 8 weeks for therapy. I was done with therapy in 4 weeks, we'll actually 3 but they didn't believe my results and held me for another week. Therapists told me to stop talking to other patients, my results were not normal... I attribute my speedy recovery to the Marine Corp. Being an Infantry Machine-gunner (M60) muscle pain was an everyday occurrence. No pain, no gain!!! Ironically the 3,000 miles a year in full combat gear probable lead to my current condition. But I would gladly do it again...

Honestly, I can't wait. I am bone on bone. That means every step my bones grind against each other. Every time I kneel down or shift my weight while standing I can feel the bones grind and pop against each other. Simple things, like standing hurts. I will never run again, however I will be able to backpack, ride a bike, and walk again. I'm stoked, I miss backpacking and hiking. To be honest, my bad knees didn't stop me much. Recovery took longer.

I can't wait, they will replace one pain (bone on bone) with another (muscle) and that one will go away.

I go under on Tuesday first thing, should be home by 1pm. Yes, out patient surgery. Before I go home I have to walk up and down a couple of steps... Yep, I have to walk on the new knee before I can go home, like an hour after I wake up.

Pray for a speedy recovery.

PS- I'd gladly give up the drugs for a beer, but the wife would kill me.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They have really improved the process, or the new parts on these surgeries. When I had my knee done, the incision was about 10" long, inpatient for 4 days and no pt until I could bend 135°. Glad you are getting this done and youhave plenty of activities to look forward to! Thanks so much for your service and best of luck
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent for success and another speedy recovery!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

sent!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

First of all thank you for your service and good luck on the surgery i know your pain on the bone on bone I've had 8 surgeries on both my ankles the right one has been fused 2 times and my left one has a full ankle replacement bone on bone hurts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB40 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery! I agree with "Vic" about the technology.
    A great "BIG THANK YOU" for your service! Get well soon! Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and a speedy recovery! I also had one done about a year ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was home the next day. Not to say that it was a piece of cake, but compared to the pain I was in all of the time, it was worth it. The new knee is about the only part of me that doesn't hurt...LOL!

Good luck to you again brother! And thanks for your Service!
    Likes mac crappie, Hanr3, DRPEPPER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks All!!!
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My next door neighbor in TN had his done. 85% of the cartilage was gone and he was playing golf, good golf, 3 or 4 days a week. His recovery wasn't as fast as yours and he had it done during the cold months so he wouldn't hurry the process. Point is I was close by through the process with him. I pray for another recovery like the last one you went through. I bet you'll be fishing before you know it. Godspeed brother.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

sent
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast