Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mr. Crappie Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr. Crappie Rods

Is anyone using Mr. Crappie slab daddy fiberglass rods for spider rigging? If so, what are your thoughts?
    Likes CrappieHead LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't like them

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy southern crappie rods and you will have the best and never have to buy any others.

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine fished one of those mr. Crappie poles single poling yesterday broke about 12 inches off the end on a snag up. I personally wouldn't buy one. They don't look very well made to me.

Post Thanks / Like

This might seem arrogant, but I doubt there is many this side of I44 that have rigged as long as I have.

Back in the day, it was $14 each telescopic fiberglass rods, home made PVC rod holders bolted to 2x4 frames and cardboard for shims to fine tune the angle of the dangle.

That said, any rod will rig. It is a glorified bait holder and fish catcher. You aren’t holding it, it is a visual indicator that a fish happened upon your offering.
    Jeez, I just reminded myself that I used to buy 10 rods for the price of two today.
    I bet I caught just as many if not more fish rigging back then than now. Flat bottom boat, $50 electronics, transom mount trolling motor worked by hand on the front of the boat.
    Last edited by "G"; 06-03-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of the Wally Marshall rods. I also have outlaw and proangler. I too broke about 3" of the tip off the Mr. Crappie rod in a hang up. But it all fairness it sure wasn't the rods fault. I do like the outlaws for their backbone and sensitivity. But G is right. You can catch fish on any rod and you can sure break any rod of you work at it. For the money, the Wally Marahall rods will for sure do the job. If you have a few more bucks get the outlaws, B&M's, Proangler, Ozark's, and the list goes on.

jigfisherx is online now Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 5 Wally Marshall rods in my set. I won't say they don't break but I found that I can get replacement tips from Grizzly Jigs for $17 each. I ordered an extra tip to keep in the boat. On the other hand, I'm a newby, just ask Gordon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Went to Grizzly Jig yesterday got a pack of Pinnacle rods.
    Likes G.Gordon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had two more of my Zebco 12' fiberglass rods. Over the years, they've been broken to the point of unusable except for one.
    I liked them more than any of the graphites as they flex in wave action.
    I use the B&M Bucks Ultralight 12' rods as i can use them to rig or single poling too. They are light, light, light.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Grizzly Jig have the Zebco 12' fiberglass rod & reel combo for 29.99. My brother in law bought one Tuesday.